All reviews mini golf basketball court water slides sausage hershey park pool table pancake machine nice kitchenette italian restaurant next door indoor pool comforts of home yogurt continental breakfast would stay here again pull out couch front desk staff beds were comfortable
Reviewed November 6, 2011

2nd or 3rd time staying @ this Mainstay Suties in Grantville. Check in was quick, requested a quiet room & was granted a room towards the end of the hallway. Room was clean, no scuff marks on the walls, extra pillows and kitchenette was clean as well. Had some issues with the temperature of the water in the shower - There was only 1 Temperature - HOT. Apparently the cold water was not mixing with the hot water - resulting in a very uncomfortable shower. My 2nd issue was the water in the bathtub was not draining correctly, draining very very slowly. Being that this is the newest hotel property in the Grantville area - I was a bit suprised with all of this. The next morning, I did take part in the free continental breakfast - I feel that area could use a little more upkeep and keeping items filled for other hotel guests to use.

During the check out process I did notify the front desk manager about the issues with the shower and drain, she stated she would advise the hotel manager. Approx 4 hours after checking out - I recieved a call from the hotel manager. Discussing with him one on one about the issues I encountered, he stated he would look into them. He also took some $$ off my hotel bill for my inconvenience, and requested I give the mainstay suites another shot. To me - the manager stepped up to the plate & resolved the situation, not something you see much anymore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Elevator - usually quieter. Rooms in the rear have a nice view of a farm field.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AMTK41
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I booked this hotel for hotel rooms and meeting space for our Corporate Manager's Meeting. Peter, the manager, handled all of our arrangements and was extremely pleasant to work with and very accommodating to all our needs. We have used the Holiday Inn in the past, however with all the great feedback from my collegues, we will definitely revisit this facility for our future meeting and overnight room needs. All of the staff have been more than courteous from beginning to end. I highly recommend the MainStay Suites in Grantville, PA

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tallen18708
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was just a quick stop on the way through. The price was excellent as everywhere else seemed really expensive. The room was new and large. Full fridge and coffee maker. Pull couch was great. Wi Fi is fast and easy. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Yygmacdonald
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was in Hershey for the RV show, the show was great, the hotel needs some serious updating. I was shocked when I saw the size of the room. The main reason we booked there was because there were 3 adults and one toddler who needs room to run. The floor in the bathroom had a huge crack in it that ran from the toilet all the way across the tile. The carpet by the "so called" couch was very stained. It looked as if someone was trying to cover it up with the couch (which also by the way had a huge stain in the cushion). When the people next to us showered it sounded like water dripping in between the walls. When we left for the day and returned, most of our garbage was not emptied and the beds were not made. I know they say you need to request this service..but c'mon people isnt that a standard at hotels?? The other reason we decided to stay here was for the pool. Well..there was so much chlorine in the pool it burned my eyes just standing there and it was GREEN. Needless to say my child didnt even see the pool. Its up to you if you want to stay here..but in reading some of these comments this place is in dire need of some new management. Oh and the "so called" breakfast which is better than any hotel..yeah that consists of microwave eggs, round and flat, and microwave sausage patties.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank issycol
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Front desk person was extremely rude on the phone. Wanted to postpone our trip by 1 day(our state was declared in a state of emergency due to hurricane & roads were flooded...some major highway bridges even collapsed!) the guy on the phone did not want to hear anything & was not willing to be flexible-AT ALL. It was only until we called our credit card company to file a complaint that they decided to agree to our request. We came to find that the entire town was out of power-on our originally arrival day-even Hershey Park was closed!..ok moving on...
The strong smell of chlorine resignated thru the entire lobby & breakfast area...it was nauseating!
The breakfast was disgusting and is offered until 9:00am-at 8:55am the breakfast crew were unplugging the 1 toaster (yes, 1 toaster for about 200 people) & were packing up the rest of the food as people were still eating-more rudeness!
Moving on...Don't expect to have your bed made from the maid service either. When I am on vacation-I do not want to have to make the beds...something I had do at this hotel. Ran out of the hotel supplied shampoo on the first day & was told that there was no more shampoo for that day...WHAT?!?!
This hotel is almost $100.00 a night with tax & was NOT WORTH IT! It is run down & needs to be under new management! Do yourself a favor-spend a little extra $ and stay SOMEWHERE ELSE. We would NEVER stay at this hotel-EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2011