I was supposed to arrive on friday april 15 2011, however my son was admitted into the hospital for Asthma. He is an acute asthmatic and his oxygen level was at a 72% which is extremely bad. I received a call from a Jess (sound like) on my answering machine who advised me to call back to 1-717-469-9428 in which was not a good number. I said forget it I need to focus on my child. Upon return to work on Wednesday 04/20/2011 I checked my bank statement and saw that $144.89 had been taken out of my account. I listened to the message again and called the number provided which was incorrect. I googled the hotel and asked to speak to Jess a man stated there is no Jeff here, I stated J-E-S-S he stated there is no one by this name as well. I said ok well may I please speak to a manger he stated you're speaking to one. I explained to him who I was and that I was unable to come visit PA due to my son being admitted for a asthma attack and was willing to provide documentation. The male stated well I hope your son is better but I am the manager and owner "Peter Foschetti" and he spelled his name and I will not be refunding you your money because you should have called. How could I call from the hospital, all my info in the car in my suitcase, and the message from your employee was incorrect and unclear, not to mention he never stated who the person could have been or if there was a name close to the one mentioned, however I saved the voice mail. I googled again to choice hotels customer care and spoke to a Dale and explained the situation, the representative stated that the owner has the right to make his own decisions on how hw handles a refund, which may be true, I just would like to know what happens in these emergency situations or if there was a death in your immediate family? Are we as citizens not protected in these emergency situations where there is absolutely no way we can make it to a hotel?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are brand new, all rooms are SUITES, we offer a large indoor swimming pool with a 2 story water slide, indoor basketball and 9 hole mini golf, free hot breakfast, All rooms have a pull-out-sofa bed, 2 room suites, free wireless and wired internet and all of our rooms have full kitchens. Hershey is only 5 miles, Harrisburg is also only 10 miles, Penn National Casino & Race Track is 1/4 mile and Fort Indian Town Military Gap is only 5 miles. We have a mixture of 2 queen bed suites, king bed suites and 2 room suites. We have a meeting room which we will not charge. Any questions please feel free to contact us Each room bed type can be arranged individually later. We have 385 sq. feet of meeting space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Hotel Grantville
- Grantville Mainstay Suites