“Never made it due to hospitalization but charged without care or concern”

MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I was supposed to arrive on friday april 15 2011, however my son was admitted into the hospital for Asthma. He is an acute asthmatic and his oxygen level was at a 72% which is extremely bad. I received a call from a Jess (sound like) on my answering machine who advised me to call back to 1-717-469-9428 in which was not a good number. I said forget it I need to focus on my child. Upon return to work on Wednesday 04/20/2011 I checked my bank statement and saw that $144.89 had been taken out of my account. I listened to the message again and called the number provided which was incorrect. I googled the hotel and asked to speak to Jess a man stated there is no Jeff here, I stated J-E-S-S he stated there is no one by this name as well. I said ok well may I please speak to a manger he stated you're speaking to one. I explained to him who I was and that I was unable to come visit PA due to my son being admitted for a asthma attack and was willing to provide documentation. The male stated well I hope your son is better but I am the manager and owner "Peter Foschetti" and he spelled his name and I will not be refunding you your money because you should have called. How could I call from the hospital, all my info in the car in my suitcase, and the message from your employee was incorrect and unclear, not to mention he never stated who the person could have been or if there was a name close to the one mentioned, however I saved the voice mail. I googled again to choice hotels customer care and spoke to a Dale and explained the situation, the representative stated that the owner has the right to make his own decisions on how hw handles a refund, which may be true, I just would like to know what happens in these emergency situations or if there was a death in your immediate family? Are we as citizens not protected in these emergency situations where there is absolutely no way we can make it to a hotel?

Room Tip: If U have a documented emergency dont 4get 2 call!
Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank pmbarnes

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I just got back yesterday after travelling to Hershey with my sister, my three sons and my niece. Our children's ages range from 5 to 14 and we had enough space in our room to accomodate all of us comfortably. The room came with a kitchenette with a full refrigerator, a sink, microwave, stove wtih 2 burners and even a diswasher. A few dishes, pots and utensils were also available for use. We found our room to be very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful, friendly and attentive to our needs. The swimming pool and miniature golf course was a hit with our kids. The basketball court I would not actually describe as a court. It is really a section roped off in the room with a minature golf course where they have a basketball hoop and a floor covered with linoleum but still it was very popular and always in use everytime my boys tried to go use it. They also have a small arcade with about 5 or 6 games. The only complaint I have was I did not think the breakfast was very much to brag about. They had eggs and sausage and frozen waffles and pancakes. Plus they had a couple kinds of cereal to choose from. Honestly I did not think that any of the food tasting very good. I know it is free and its not a 4 star hotel but still I have enjoyed a great free breakfast at other choice hotels that I have stayed at in the past. There are also two Italian restaurants across the street from the hotel but we only tried out one and the food was great but there was quite a long wait for it so I don't recommend going there if you feel like you are starving lol. The hotels also enforces a quiet policy and curfew after 11:00 p.m. with three strikes and you are out. If you are planning on a trip to Hershey and don't want to break the bank by staying at Hotel Hershey I recommend considering a stay at Mainstay Suites.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2011

THe hotel is not a five star hotel, but they hotels were very spacious and had a great full kitchen with complimentary breakfast. The slide was broken, but the pool was nice and the kids activities was very nice. It was very close to Hershey Park.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The staff was excellent however the rooms were poorly taken care of and were not kept up with well. The complimentary breakfast, if you want to call it that, was not good. In addition, the indoor swimming pool had rust at the bottom and did not seem clean. Needless to say we did not go swimming.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank withlove038
Reviewed December 5, 2010

When we travel we are always looking for a bargain, we usually use Room Saver or another form of room coupon to save a few bucks. Our stops are usually random as well, never planning on a definate location or motel. The selection for this evening was the Mainstay Suites, we've never stayed at this chain before. After utilizing a travel coupon for a nights stay for $59.99 we headed up to our room. Wow, what a pleasant surprise, the room was awsome. The room had a king bed with mini suite, little kitchenette w/larger size refrig, micro, dishes, granite counter tops and even a dishwasher. Being that it was late when we checked in we didn't get to explore much but I know there was an indoor pool and we were told there was an indoor mini golf. Breakfast is served in the morning. Well worth staying and will check out other locations.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank April B
stevempvc, Manager at MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

We thank you for your comment and appreciate your business.

Thanks

Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is the newest addition in terms of a hotel in Grantville. Quiet location away from the interstate. Clean lobby area and parking lot well lit. Less than 5 min's away from the Penn National Racetrack & Hollywood Casino, 10-15 min's away from the Hershey Attractions.

Hotel rooms could use a slight amount of work in terms of upkeep. Scuff marks on walls, maybe a Mr Clean magic eraser could be used. From other reviews - there is no light from the parking lot bleeding over into the hotel rooms, The Shades keep it out of the hotel room so it is not a problem. Flat Screen TV w/ multiple channels. Kid-Friendly w/ a area for them in the rear of the hotel, curfew rules are enforced and multiple security camara's are apparent throughout the property - giving you that sense of security while staying at the property.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AMTK41
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Nice room-great indoor activities, minature golf, basketball, and pool with water slide.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey
Comfort Suites
#6 of 8 in Grantville
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to MainStay Suites Grantville - Hershey North? Share your experiences!