“Simple and clean, easy on-off highway, good shower” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Grantville

Days Inn Grantville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Providence, Rhode Island
“Simple and clean, easy on-off highway, good shower”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed in two Days Inn during my last trip, one here in Grantville and one in Bridgewater, NJ. In comparison, this one is way better than the other.

The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere, just minutes off the highway exit and it's easy to find. I wasn't expecting any luxury treatment for the price that I was paying; all I was looking for was a clean and quite place to spend the night. This hotel doesn't disappoint. The room and the bathroom is clean. The shower has good water pressure. The TV was a nice flat screen with lots of channels. Air conditioning was a bit loud, but I could sleep just fine.

One complaint though. I booked the room directly through DaysInn.com without using any special coupons or discounts. I was shown the regular rate and a lower "SRP NAME NOT AVAILABLE" rate. Of course, I chose the lower rate, but now they won't give me any points or miles because it is a "non-eligible" rate. I feel that it is somewhat unfair. I was never told that I won't be receiving any points if I chose the lower rate when I make the reservation. I didn't use any special promo code or coupon code. Just be warned.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jldlapple, Manager at Days Inn Grantville, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for the recent review about our hotel, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located off the interstate about a 20 minute drive from the Harrisburg airport and was not a far drive from anything-restaurants, attractions, and shopping. Our room had two double beds which were pretty comfortable and was tastefully decorated. Each bed had three pillows, which I loved because I like lots of pillows when I sleep. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room had a refridgerator and microwave in it, as well as a flatscreen tv with plenty of cable stations. The hotel did offer a free continental breakfast each morning, but we never tried it (a nice touch, though). The downsides of the room were the constant smell of urine in the bathroom and the room was so humid even though the weather was not. Everything felt wet all the time and we couldn't figure out why or how to fix it. The front desk people were very friendly during the limited interaction we had with them. I would recommend the hotel because it was very reasonably priced for people on a budget and in a good location.

Room Tip: The hotel had two floors, we stayed on the first floor. We could hear the people on the second floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give a review about our hotel. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Grantville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The price is great, especially considering the fact that it's right off 81 and almost a straight shot to Hershey. It has all of the basics and is a nice little place but if you want to sleep, forget it. There are flies all over the rooms. I've killed 5 at this point and there's at least 3 more. It's terrible and makes it impossible to sleep. Something really needs to be done about this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We had just come down 81, we were tired but we were determined to get closer to hershey than scranton on our first night of our roadtrip. The sign was a welcome sight, and the lady at the desk was very nice to us. Breakfast consisted of toast, bagels, cereal, assorted muffins and coffee.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind review. I'm glad you had a great stay, hope to host you in the near future.
Enfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Family of 4 with 2 elementary age children stayed 2 nights visiting Hershey Park and surrounding attractions. Clean rooms. Location felt safe, right off highway, and under 10 minutes to Hershey Park and the many area attractions and restaurants. Motel style with door opening to our car parked right in front of the door. Breakfast was grains and some fruit, but I expected that and it was fine for our purposes. No pool. Friendly front desk staff. No complaints. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jldlapple, General Manager at Days Inn Grantville, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent review about our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in making sure our guest rooms are clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Bloomingdale, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We recently stayed here in july 2012 visiting Hershey. We got 2 rooms (joining by request) and stayed for 2 nights. We would have only gotten 1 room for 1 night at the higher rated hotels. We figured why spend the extra when we're basically just sleeping there. It was only 8 miles to the park too. I thought it was clean and the beds were comfy. So the breakfast isn't anything special (bagels,muffins,fruit and cereal) but it's free and you don't have to have it....it's just nice that it's there if you feel like it. I like the fact that it's motel style where you open your door and your car is there. When you stay in a hotel with hallways...there's lots of noise involved with people in the hallways. This place was quiet. I read that someone said the outside ground was dirty....not true at all. The only thing that was sucky is you had to kill the flies once you got to the room. I saw the women cleaning a room out and they leave the door open (I guess to air out the last guest?) Anyway...that's how the flies get in I imagine. We killed about 6 flies. Hershey has those same flies and your stuck with them. For us...it was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for room 115...it's one of the ones we had and you'll see it's fine for the price.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the recent review, We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

When I first pulled up, I wanted to turn around and leave. The grounds and hotel (actually motel) were dirty and rundown looking. On the bright side, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was okay, nothing luxurious, but pretty clean. Did find some hairs on the bathroom floor and the bathroom was extremely small. The beds were comfortable, however, if I'm ever in the area again, I would definitely pay a little more for a better place.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be my choice and I'm glad we had them as there were tons of parties in the p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review, We take pride in making sure our guest rooms are clean and comfortable . we hope we can host you in the near future

Janet Appleby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap

Been to Days Inn Grantville? Share your experiences!