“I would stay here again...”

Days Inn Grantville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I would stay here again...”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I had to be in the area for a business for a (weekend) evening and we stayed here based on the most recent reviews we'd read and they were right. It is an older hotel that has been updated nicely. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room clean and recently updated, and it was near where we were going. We even stayed on the "road" side of the building and heard nothing!! We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
jldlapple, General Manager at Days Inn Grantville, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for the review about your stay at our hotel. We take pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms for our guests. As an older property we are consistently doing upgrades to accomodate all of our guests needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cicero, New York
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I recently stayed at the Days Inn Grantville, and the day I checked out, I realized I had forgotten my 2 apple chargers. They were both plugged into the vanity area outlet next to the sink. I called and thinking it would not be a problem to get them back, was sorely mistaken. I spoke with Alyssa the first day who said she would check but did not call me back, the next day I called and spoke with Alyssa again who said she would check again and call me before 3pm - no call. The 3rd day I called back and spoke with Days Inn Manager, Janet who told me that they don't have my charges and that her cleaning staff has been with her for 20 years so therefore it was not possible that the cleaning staff would take anything... She continued to tell me that 3 days after I check out, she checked the room, which no one has rented since I have been there, the chargers were not there. Not really a surprise since it was cleaned the day I left. Very poor management at this facility. I will never stay at a Days Inn again, and people should be forewarned that if any issue comes up, more than likely you will receive the same service as I did.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at our Days Inn. Even though we are not responsible for items left behind in a room, we did our best to locate your chargers. Unfortunately, they were not in your room or our lost and found. We do apologize for your loss and hope you will reconsider staying at Days Inn's in the future.
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed Labor Day weekend to hit Hershey Park. Manager Janet Appleby & her staff were courteous & friendly. the fly issue is a seasonal one for that area (there were no flies to be found) & was not a problem. King Room was clean & neat (although just a wee bit small, but perfect for our needs.) Bed & Pillows were comfy & had a great night's sleep.
The place was well worth the price & was a bargain compared to the bandits in town (only a 5 minute drive to the park). Overall the hotel was a great value for the price & a great representative of the Days Inn chain.

Not only are we going back to that hotel, but I would recommend that location to anyone to wants to go to Hershey & needs a good hotel at a decent price.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 200 section in the back are nice & quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RobertF167
jldlapple, General Manager at Days Inn Grantville, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
I am very pleased that you found our staff friendly and courteous. We take pride in providing our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price so our guests can have a good night's rest. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My mother and I stayed at this hotel on Sept. 3, 2011. I found the hotel clerk to be very friendly, the room was very clean and the free continental breakfast was good. The hotel is up the street from Hollywood Casino and Hershey Park. I am glad I picked this hotel (compared to the one across the street) as there was not alot of noise, regardless that it was close to the road. I didn't see any flies that other posts were talking about. There aren't alot of frills and fancies, but it served the purpose and it was a satisfying stay. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 306 facing the highway, but it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
jldlapple, General Manager at Days Inn Grantville, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel while visiting Hershey Park and the Hollywood Casino. Our property does offer high speed wireless internet, a fitness center and our deluxe Day break breakfast.We also take pride in having our front desk agents friendly and accomodating. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to our area.
fort Covington
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were there during Hurricane Irene went through, and the area lost power. The staff was great. But some guest blamed them for loss of power and angry when they couldn't tell the guest when it would be restored. Also some left in a huff when they couldn't print a receipt or refund money. Staff kept their cool and tried to explain but some people there is no appeasing. The staff found a place that would deliver lunch if we wanted to order and made sure that we had water to drink and to brush our teeth. Thanks to them for keeping a sense of humor and doing every thing in there power to make our stay great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
We all strive to keep an upbeat attitude in situations such as these. Thank you for the positive comments about your stay. I have shared them with the entire staff. We look forward to having you as guests at our hotel in the future.
New York
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed here for one night. We arrived alittle early and before hitting hershey, we would take the chance of seeing if a room was available. The parking lot was empty and it was a wednesday. So when i went to the front desk to see if there was a room was ready, the front desk lady said there is no rooms available right now & check in is at 3pm. I asked if they were busy the night before & she responded, No!. Ok so if you were busy the night before why isnt there a room ready. We came back at 5pm and checked in with no problem. The room was clean and there was a refrigerator & microwave in the room. but there was a fly swatter on the table. Ewww ! Continental breakfast is what it is....Continental breakfast. Danish, Fruit, Coffee (which wasnt fresh when i was there) & Juice, bagels, toast and coffee.
Upside is it is close to hershey park and the casino

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not available when you arrived to check in. Our check in time is 3:00 pm , however, we strive to accomodate guests with early check ins when possible. Thank you for acknowledging that you experienced a clean, comfortable room. I spoke with our breakfast hostess to ensure all items are fresh at all times during breakfast hours. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our area.
Reviewed August 26, 2011

A crappy motel that isn't close to much of anything. Avoid if you can.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that you found our hotel not close to any attractions. Our Brand New Hollywood Casino has several restaurants less than a half mile. I hope you will give our hotel another chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Days Inn Grantville? Share your experiences!