“A Good Nights Rest”

Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had a good experience with my stay at The Hampton Inn Harrisburg/Grantville/Hershey. Though near the ramps to I-81, it was very quiet and I had a great night's sleep. The manager on duty was very courteous and answered all my questions. The morning breakfast bar was tasty and it had healthy options. It was only 6.2 miles from Hersey and Hersey Park.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thanks for the review. I am always glad to hear the feedback that our guests had a good stay and enjoyed our property. Our location is very convenient and nice for people that travel up and down Interstate 81. Hershey is a great attraction for people to visit that never have and our location is less than 7 miles away and we have cheaper rates than our competitors that are right in Hershey.
Hope you visit us again

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Check In experience was fast, easy and we were accommodated for my handicap. Staff was professional, courteous and very helpful. The room was very clean and every comfort was thought of. The bed was so comfortable. The coffee bar in Lobby was nice (I actually enjoyed a late night hot chocolate) Would definitely stay again. I wished for a few more pillows for our King bed, but we could have called for more and we didn't.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the great review. I love to hear comments like this about our staff. The number 1 goal is to have the best customer service possible, having a quick, efficient, and friendly check in is always a good start when I stay in hotels.

Next time you stay with us if you want more pillows we would be more than happy to provide you with them.

Stay with us again!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have severe pet allergies but survived due to the care the cleaning staff at the Hampton Inn take after a room is vacated. It was too late to find another hotel after a long car trip. Thank you for your concern for my health.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad you that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to have the cleanest hotel possible so that our guests can relax in comfort. But to clarify we do not accept pets at this property. If you saw an animal here it was more than likely a service animal. Thanks for the kind words

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Room was very clean, updated. Bathroom was very clean. Mattresses were a little too firm for me but slept well. Free continental breakfast is always a pleasure to wake up to. Very modern hotel and would definitely recommend to stay here

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LMM

Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you chose us to celebrate New Years and I am also glad that you had such a great stay. We have renovated over the past year, which is great because the hotel has a new feel to it.

Hope you stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

When we first arrived the elevator smelled like someone had been in there with a "cup of soup", then the hallway smelled different and then my daughter said the room smelled like fruit. While none of these odors were unappealing it was interesting. In addition to the curious odors the room was designed a little differently than most Hampton Inn rooms. The bathroom seemed to open right into the bedroom. Otherwise it was a good place to stay on a long trip from SC to NY.

The person at the desk gave of information about the surrounding area and recommendations for local Italian restaurants. We went to Fabios and enjoyed our meal. He also gave us directions into the Hershey park area which was a nice distraction from a long ride and a good way to stretch your legs.

The breakfast in the morning was standard Hampton Inn fare but tasty and a good variety of options. Although it's located close to the interstate it was very quiet and no noticeable interstate noise during the night. Overall it would recommend it for a good place to stop over when travelling through the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the response. No doubt the soup smell and fruit smell is strange, but I will certainty look into it to see if it is one of the sprays that our housekeepers use.

Fabio's is one of the local restaurants that our guests enjoy, glad that you liked it and were able to check out Hershey Park. You should come back in the summer when the park is in full swing.

- Stiff poor quality mattress

- Stiff poor quality pillows

- No hot water between 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Kept checking and waiting ending up having to settle for a fast cold shower.

- very very poor front desk response and service

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We use comments like this to improve ourselves, so your honesty is definitely appreciated.

I apologize about the hot water issue, that particular weekend we were having issues with our hot water heater, which we have fixed, but I understand why you would be upset. I know I would be.

Hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel was very close to Hershey Park and had a great pool area. We had our family vacation here, with 6 kids and the hotel worked great for that. It did not take too long to get to Hershey Park and the trip to the Lancaster area was also convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Our proximity to Hershey Park is something that is important to many of our guests. I am glad that you chose us on your trip to Hershey and Lancaster, which is only roughly 45 minutes away. I hope you stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Thanks,

James Kaufman
Front Office Manager
Hampton Inn Grantville

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Been to Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey? Share your experiences!