“Solid Place to Stay When Visiting Hershey Area”

Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Found this place after suffering sticker shock looking at accomodations in Hershey itself. It was very convenient to highway 81, yet also convenient to get to Hershey and Lancaster via back roads. Staff were friendly and service was great -- breakfast was always plentiful, no matter what time you went down (during the 6-10 time frame). Staff were constantly replenishing the food and wiping tables and counters. Lobby was clean and looked newly-renovated. Free wifi, clean pool. Rooms are a bit dark and the bathroom vent fan didn't work so there was a slight mildewy smell. The fact that housekeeping artistically "arranges" the shower curtain to be bunched up in the middle contributes to mildew smell on curtain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Curtis M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I'm glad you found the easy 10 minute drive to Hershey convenient. I am proud that our staff shined during your stay, just as we always strive to do. I also appreciate your comment about the shower curtain and i will discuss some options with the housekeeping staff in changing the way it is arranged.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton for 8 yrs now (every time we visit Hershey Park.) The hotel is newly renovated and looks great and very clean. Good breakfast and nice indoor pool. I would highly rec. this hotel to anyone. Just minutes away from the park.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank czelenyak

We are glad to hear that you like our renovations and we really appreciate you recommending our hotel to others. Thank you for coming back to us each year. It means a lot to us that we are your first choice in the Hershey area.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

When you stay at a Hampton Inn, you know what you're getting into. Rooms will never be as elegant as a Four Seasons but staff should always be friendly, wi-fi free, breakfast hot and free, and rooms clean. That being said, this hotel met all of these expectations without fail.

I stayed here on a business trip, making a less second decision to switch from the nearby Holiday Inn where my convention was being held. Good thing I did, as that place was undergoing renovations and was much noisier. In contrast, the Hampton Inn had already finished its renovations and was quite tranquil.

The check-in process was very easy and the room was spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the wi-fi worked without a problem. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast selection was standard continental fare but fresh. I even was able to make a change to my reservation the very same day since I had to leave early and was not penalized for the difference.

All in all, an easy, convenient, and clean place to stay if you happen to be in the area. And in the end, that's exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We always love to hear that we were exactly what you were looking for. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to hosting you again on your next business trip to our area.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed here in the past my wife and I enjoyed it. We used our Hilton Honors Points and we are looking forward to a stay here in June of 2013. I was going to book at another property but I had a great experience here so I thought I would try it again. Usually I have great stays at Hilton Properties. You know what you are going to get for your money. Plus it's close to the Casino up the road.

• Stayed: June 2012
HARGH95GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your past stays at our hotel and plan to return in June. We always look forward to seeing our repeat guests. If you haven't been here since our renovations were completed I'm sure you will be impressed with the changes we made to our lobby and breakfast area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Hampton property was very warm welcoming. The hotel, rooms and outside of the property was very clean. The rooms were spacious and very comforting. The breakfast was a typical hampton breakfast but very decent. Although it was a very short stay on business, I must say I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HARGH95GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Hampton Inn. It's always nice to hear from our satisfied guests.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We found the room to be very clean. The furniture in excellent condition. Generous breakfast. The only negative thing we found was that the water in the tub/shower was hard to figure out. Had to turn the handle 3 times before water came out. Once it started it was fine. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will recommend our Hampton. It's always nice hearing from our satisfied guests.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is as good as a Hampton Inn can get. We happened to ask how old it was because we were so impressed with everything about it. It is 17 years old and has been completely renovated. Everything about it is modern, comfortable, and welcoming. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you like our hotel and were please with the renovations and our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Been to Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey? Share your experiences!