All reviews deluxe suite balcony room amish country lancaster area home away from home entire house robert hall recommend this b b to anyone the main house wonderful weekend each morning enjoyed our stay cookies visiting lancaster first floor great place to stay fresh fruit
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our host, Robert, gets an A++++++++++++++ in hospitality! This BnB makes you feel right at home from the moment the front door is open. The house is beautifully decorated in an antique style with all the modern ammenities! The rooms are cozy and cheerful, the individual rooms are bright and comfortable and impeccably CLEAN! The breakfast food is beyond scrumptious! Location couldn't be better...close to shopping but away from the hustle and bustle. I would highly recommend this BnB to everyone I know. We are looking forward to staying there again!

Room tip: If you are a smoker I would recommend the Porch room, as you have access right from your room to the porch!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at many B and B's over the past few years. After Eight is one of the very few that raises the bar for what we would expect from a quality establishment. Robert, the owner, has thought of every last detail to make his guests feel at home. What stood out was the warm greeting we received on arrival and the quick tour of the inn and our room. Robert is very personable and likeable. He has thought about every detail to make your stay more enjoyable, from the snacks and beverages out in the dining area, to the fine array of toiletries in the private baths. Both the rooms and the common areas are exceptionally clean and nicely decorated. Robert's breakfast was divinely delicious and nicely presented. Also, this B and B is very spacious so as a guest I felt like I was not on top of other guests nor did I have the feeling that the whole house could hear everything I said. For those that are looking for the very best in a bed and breakfast experience, this is the one in the Lancaster area!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our first visit to a Bed and Breakfast. We loved it. It was very relaxing and could come and go as we want. Robert was very nice and entertaining. It was close to all the places we like to visit in Lancaster. The place was exceptionally clean. We will definitely be back when we can get away again.

Room tip: We had the candle room which was one of the rooms allowed to light candles. If looking for a romantic evening this is the room to pick.
1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We can't say enough about our visits to After Eight Bed and Breakfast. It is always the perfect getaway weekend. Robert is a wonderful host. The entire house is so warm and cozy. We really feel at home there. Each room is beautifully decorated. He makes the best breakfasts and there are always snacks and beverages throughout the day. The outdoor grounds are lovely and their is a view of an Amish farm right out back. The only problem we have .....is leaving to go home. We would recommend this B&B to everyone.

Room tip: Our favorite is room 6.
Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My fiance and I did a week day get away and choice this location because it was close to the hot air balloon launch we were doing. The Bed & Breakfast is very beautiful with amazing views from the back yard. We stayed in the porch room which has it's own entrance. It was really lovely and the bed was very comfy. It's also conveniently located. Breakfast was amazing! Overall we really enjoyed the place. The only complaint we have is that the inn keeper seemed really uninterested in us the day we arrived. We were quite put off by it. Also we didn't like how he listed off what we needed to know and then said he was going to question us to make sure we got it. My fiance didn't like that at all. But it was what it was and we still enjoyed our night. The next day Robert was different and mirrored more how other reviews described him as. He was kind and helpful. So I'm thinking he may have had a bad night. Overall, I recommend this B&B.

Date of stay: October 2012