All reviewsdeluxe suitebalcony roomamish countrylancaster areahome away from homeentire houserecommend this b b to anyonethe main housewonderful weekendeach morningvisiting lancasterfirst floorcookiesgreat place to stayfresh fruitrobertpuzzles
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were Just staying one night with my parents. We went to see a show at sight & sound and the next day we were going to do a few things then head home. We arrived around 4 pm and Robert checked us in, gave us a quick tour and then gave us a wonderful map that he highlighted some things to do/see/eat. He asked if we had an agenda and I told him my ideas and he went off of that with some great suggestions and tips. After that he showed us the rooms and we relaxed for awhile. After dinner we came
Back and he was on the back porch and we chatted for a few minutes. He had a good sense of humor & has many good/funny stories. We went in and we had to finish the puzzle in the common room( my mom loves puzzles) Robert told us if we finished the puzzle he would flip it and we could sign the back of it- my mom & I and another female guest finished it by 11pm and then we went to bed. The beds & bedding were very comfortable and the bathroom towels were so soft. The places was VERY clean as well. The breakfast in the morning was delicious! A cheddar & sausage breakfast pizza and a cranberry & walnut scone with fresh whipped cream on top and the best cantaloupe I think I have ever had with a cluster of grapes. Juice/coffee / tea. Very good- and just the right amount of food- then he went into his morning jokes/stories- hillarious and of course he did talk about his cookbook - which actually is not a bad price- only $10 and it does have a lot of good recipes in it- including the scones! YUM!
My husband and I wished we could have stayed a few more nights! We will definitely be back! There is so much to do in Lancaster! My in-laws have been going there for 30 years and they just started staying at after eight and Robert has told them about places they have never heard of! He has a lot of knowledge about the area and seems to really enjoy what he does! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ekb1979
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was by far the best B&B we have visited. My family of 4, including 2 little kids (3 and 2) stayed in one of the cabins. Robert brought our breakfast out to the cabin, which was a blessing so we wouldn't disturb the guests on a romantic getaway in the main house. The 2 room cabin with a kitchen, was a welcome escape from a hotel stay. We are anxious to go back and highly recommend this B&B for families (staying in one of the 2 cabins), or as a romantic escape in the main house. Many thanks to Robert for the wonderful hospitality and service! Breakfast was amazing! :-)

Room Tip: The 2 cabins are wonderful for families, especially with little kids. It is separate from the main house and breakfast is brought out to the cabin so you can relax and not have to worry about hushing the kids around the other guests. ;-)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

If your in Lancaster, you owe it to yourself to stay here. Robert is a great host, very entertaining not to mention what a great cook he is. The rooms very charming and comfortable and the rest of the Inn is simply beautiful. Thank you Robert for making our stay very memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our first B&B experience, and I must say that our stay was absolutely delightful. The house is immaculate and the rooms are very comfortable and nicely furnished. There is a nice balance of old-world charm and modern conveniences. Breakfast was prepared with lots of TLC was delicious. I’ve done a fair amount of traveling and this B&B was better than any hotel that I’ve ever stayed in. The games and puzzles in the common area made for great family time.
Our host, Robert Hall, is friendly and has a nice sense of humor, which adds to the homey atmosphere. This is a place where you can really relax and enjoy yourself. If you’ve never experience a B&B, start here – you’ll have a great experience. I highly recommend it and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a nice sitting area and a very large bathroom. It also faces the front, so you'll get some noise from the passing cars at night (this was not a problem for me). If you want a quieter room, ask for Room 8.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a very comfortable, restful stay at After Eight and would have loved to stay longer. Robert made us feel at home and is a great host! His cooking skills are wonderful, As are his entertaining stories! Many thanks Robert!

• Stayed: July 2012