“Don't Believe the Hype”

Union Jack's Pub
Ranked #19 of 62 Restaurants in Glenside
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed July 10, 2011

It is hard to find a good place for wings. And, after having Union Jacks, this writer is still searching. Ask most people around Abington PA where is a good place to get wings, and the majority would say Union Jacks. I don't live close to the Pub, so it took me a while to finally get there. Tonight was the night, and not was I disappointed. In a time when most places seem to skimpy, the wings are meaty, so they get points there. However, the much ballyhood wing sauce was neither hot or even present. There was hardly any sauce and there was no heat to even bother with the blue cheese. All in all, the place was a let-down.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

I had wanted to visit this place for a long time and finally had the opportunity. My friend ordered his favorite beer and was not disappointed. They have a great beer selection. The menu is appealing enough, so I ordered fish and chips... great homemade chips. Frozen fish fillet was deep fried and overly crisp and dry. The hot roast beef sandwich was also dry and chewy meat. If you like them, I'm told this is the place for wings. But, I wish they would bump up the quality of their meals a notch or two and be a place to enjoy a good meal to go along with their English pub atmosphere. As it is, I would recommend only for beer and wings.