“Boy has this place changed,not for the better”

The Hartwood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Glenshaw
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and it seems that the quality of food has gotton worse.I ordered the salmon sandwich with sweet potato fries and the fries were burnt. The salmon had no flavor. My wife had the breaded cod and it was not the same as in the past. It used to be a fresh piece of cod nicely breaded on a fresh bun. Both of our buns were toasted but i think they also were old. Ever since there has been new ownership, and the orginal chef and his wife left, the food has gone done. I think they are more concerned about making money. If nobody comes to the restaurant, they will make no money. I hopoe the owners read this or someday the business will be closed.

Reviewed December 19, 2010

The food and atmosphere is great here. The service is slow and unreliable.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

first off i eat out a lot and things here have change here, they've gone through a new ownership and heard they have a new executive chef. i don't know what happen here but the food doesn't seem quite as fresh or exciting as it used to be. though the place has gone through a total make up on the building adding new features here and there, which is outstanding, the food lately hasn't quite caught up to where it used to be. hopefully they'll get there act together and make it tasty like it always was when i would dine there. I can say though, one of the best things still that hasn't changed is the floor staff that if friendly and lovable.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

I like the atmosphere. It's like eating in a bookstore. I got halibut and it was huge and so moist and juicy. My husband got scallops with a coconut curry sauce that he said were excellent. I started out with this marvelous salad with fresh pears, pecans, fresh blackberries and the moist mildest goat cheese. I split it with my husband because it was so big. The waitress who was a young, attractive girl timed it just right on serving the entree. The wine list is not huge but some good wines and decent pours. I think this is Pittburgh's best kept secret for wonderful seafood. There's a Whispers Pub and also an outdoor patio.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

The food was mediocre but the worst was the service. We were put in a tiny crappy table in a freezing cold room next to the kitchen. The waitress was the worst and most unattantative waitress i had ever had. We could have gotten better service if we had went to mcdonalds! The bill was 110 dollars and was a complete WASTE! The mashed potatos and vegies tasted like they were thawed from the frozen section at giant eagle!!

1  Thank irish6285