“Don't waste your time, money or emotional energy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Middle Road Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Middle Road Inn
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Glenshaw
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Don't waste your time, money or emotional energy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I rarely give negative reviews, as we typically carefully research a place before patronizing it. We have lived near this place for several years but patronized it due to very mixed reviews from other locals. But friends from out of town asked us to meet them here... So our odessy began... Our waitress was very nice, initially, the food was good. I then ordered a cup if coffee which complerely ruined my meal - one sip of it made me feel physically ill and left a horrible taste in my mouth. Upon receiving this terrible cup of coffee three members of the staff proceeded to argue with me as to whether or not it tasted terrible and the owner rudely confronted us. After dealing with three staff members. I just did not want to address it further - I was done and the owner insisted on insulting us, yelling at us in front of her other customers???? Really??? Over coffee???? We will never go back and it is apparent from other reviews on Urban Spoon and Trip Advisor that neither will many other people. The place chick full of out door deating was empty on a beautiful Friday evening and we can see why.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Jill S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Convenient Stop Close to Hartwood Acres”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Middle Rd Inn is not a bad restaurant, an idea you might get from the many negative reviews here on TA. It is a casual, neighborhood place, with an interesting Menu (not just the same boring stuff you see all over town). I had delicious Chicken Piccata the other night, while my SigOth opted for the Baked Scrod, and we were both very pleased. Portions are generous, and prices come in average for common dishes (sandwiches, salads, etc), and just a little higher (<$20.00/per) for the more adventurous offerings.

They have a large Dining Room with a nice open Deck and a woodsy view out back. The Bar is in the front of the building, and this is where all the complaints about service seem to begin and end. It does seem to me like the Waitstaff spends a bit too much time hob-knobbing with the regulars in the Bar, rathering than covering the Dining Room as they should. I don't know what the complaints about cleanliness stem from, because to me this place always seems clean. Maybe odd incidents? Anyhow, I'm fairly fussy about basic cleanliness in restaurants, and I've never witnessed any such problems here.

Basically, the Middle Rd Inn is an ok place to stop for Dinner on your way to a Concert at Hartwood Acres. Just keep in mind that they do tend to be a little slow, and plan accordingly.

• Visited June 2013
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went for Sunday Brunch with a large group recently. The food was fair but the
service and cleanliness were atrocious. The buffet table was not kept clean, utensils
were dirty, plates were not properly washed, and no protection from consumer
contamination was provided as required by health department regulations. The
owner/manager was extremely rude and a perfect example of “the customer is always wrong”.
Suggest this place be avoided.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tony D
Cheswick, Pennsylvania
“Wait and wait and wait”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a horrible dining experience. We waited for 55 minutes for our main meal to arrive. We were 4 minutes from walking out. Our waitress was practically invisible and showed up after 40+ minutes to say "the kitchen is really backed up" -- it was NOT that crowded. Our appetizer was the LAST thing she brought out and they were nasty (potato skins that you needed a hacksaw to cut through - had obviously been sitting for the 55 minutes we were waiting). No bread was delivered with our pasta dishes. Now we remember why we quit coming to Middle Road Inn. Will be a cold day in Hell before we return.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank 960Susan960
“Disappointing birthday lunch for my daughter!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Horrid. My whole family felt disappointment from the sticky table to the empty dining room. The food was mediocre at best. I wouldn't know much about it because first my burger was sent to me raw (I clearly ordered medium) and when I sent it back they didn't make a new burger- instead they microwaved mine and sent it back. I took one bite and spit it out- it tasted like chemicals. My daughter's spaghetti was watery, and my sons grilled cheese soggy. The only person who had an ok meal was my husband- he only ordered loaded fries- kind of hard to mess that up (but he did later complain of stomach ache). Don't waste your money- not even on a groupon!

2 Thank Jmacbay