“Good food but....not best value for the money!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ludwig's

Ludwig's
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Glenmoore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Ludwig's Grille and Oyster bar is the perfect combination of excellent food complimented by it's welcoming atmosphere. We are a dedicated seafood house specializing in Oysters and Classic American Cuisine.
PA
“Good food but....not best value for the money!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had been a frequent customer for several years until the past year there were some changes.
Always good food,service, and prices until the renovation of the bar and 'changeout' of most of the staff. Seems that shortly after the renovation(i.e expansion of the bar area) prices increased food portions decreased, and a less expensive staff(which we found out from a reliable source) which shows in the service.

Understand that food prices have increased but, to raise prices on mixed drinks +$1.50 and some dishes by $2 or, some entrees same price but smaller portions now. Seems like owner(s) are being greedy or, obviously want to pass cost of renovation onto the customers! Have not frequented this place as much as we used to. Not the good value it once was.

• Visited September 2012

Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Well prepared delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a wonderful restaurant! The food is well prepared, tasty and there is lots of attention to detail. I have eaten at this restaurant several times and the staff is consistently professional, the food is exceptional and the atmosphere is welcoming and warm. I highly, highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Veronica G
West of Philly
“Nice Watering Hole in the Boonies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ludwig's is out on the corner of Rt 100 and Rt 401, located in small shopping center surrounded by fields and a few small businesses. It is a great place to go for full-blown dinner or an aperitif and dessert if yo ate somewhere else. Or a light meal in between. The place is very clean, nice professional staff, and the food is pretty darned good! Prices are reflective of the higher cuisine than you might find as bar food elsewhere, but you get what you pay for. The Louisiana Dippin' Shrimp appetizer, for example, is priced around $12. You get 4 huge shrimp so it is a good deal. I don't think we've ever gotten anything bad to eat there, and most of it is really good.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank BobWestOfPhilly
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Not the restaurant it use to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The quality of the food has gone from excellent to mediocre over the past 10 years. I'm not likely to go back anytime soon.

Visited March 2012
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“not sure what the smell is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have been to the Oyster Bar twice. It is located right off of Rt. 100. Parking is easy. The prices are reasonable and the menu has a variety of items. It has a pub like atmosphere. On my most recent visit, I had the disappointing lobster bisque. It was thin, runny, and did not contain any actual lobster. At $4.50 for a very small cup, I expected more. The roll was the best thing about my crab cake sandwich. The crab cake was small and mushy. The French fries were like pub fries. This seemed reasonable for $12. My husband had fish and chips for $18. He said it was “OK.” In the past, I had the half order of garlic shrimp pasta for $15. It was a better value and had better flavor than the crab cake. I will go back again; however, I have one concern. The last time we were there, we experienced a strange odor in the restaurant. We were seated by the kitchen and a number of members of the wait staff walked past. We couldn’t identify if the smell was from a person or if it was coming from the kitchen. The mall a few miles up the street has a store that sells Hemp and tie-died shirts, beaded necklaces, handmade jewelry, and sells and burns incense. The restaurant had that same thick smell of old incense. This isn’t a smell that I want to experience while I am eating. I will go back but will not order the lobster bisque and do hope that I do not encounter the offensive odor.

• Visited April 2012