“Wonderful destination for fresh food amd local crafts and furniture!”

Markets at Shrewsbury
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Glen Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: Amish Markets
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful destination for fresh food amd local crafts and furniture!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Markets at Shrewsbury is a delightful destination for Pennsylvania Dutch cooking items and great fresh meats and baked goods. The markets also house separate buildings for crafts and furniture. A great way to spend an afternoon.
**open Thursday, Friday and Saturday only!
Conveniently located at the first PA exit off of I-83.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LuAnn M

Baltimore, Maryland
212 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Great food, crafts, furniture and outdoor playgrounds!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a fun family place to go, good restaurants, great deli and meat selection, lots of samples set out for the kids and adults to sample. We have bought many a piece of quality furniture there and they have an extensive set up of playground equipment which the kids love.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mdgipsy
Endless Mountains, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice Place”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Always get what I want. Love the fresh food. It really does taste better. Patch's Poultry stand and Beiler's meats are particularly good. Great place to get breakfast or lunch.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mejustme90
Glen Burnie, Maryland
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great Food! Great People! Great Options!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I accidentally stumbled upon this market when going to Glen Rock to take care of Sheep business. I didn't have time to go to Lancaster which is spoken so highly of and wanted to see some of the Amish lifestyle as well as taste the food. First I went to see some of the things in the store part which I was told were not all Amish made. Some of the things are shipped in from China. Of course I wouldn't buy that wanting a taste of the Amish. So I went next door to the market and Wow! Food Galore! Homemade breads, deserts, meals, breakfasts, fresh meat and even some things for the dogs! The people there are wonderful. Always smiling and willing to help and serve in any way that they can. One of our favorites is the bakery the youngest daughter Rachel is just the sweetest and most helpful young child I have ever encountered. She works in her father's bakery when not in school. We also stopped at the fresh canning spot and grabbed quite a few things from there. Then we had breakfast. For I think $7.00 we got an all you can eat breakfast with fresh homemade chipped beef. Everything and everyone is just so wonderful. Getting a chance to see such a nice clean lifestyle and experience the freshness of the USA is wonderful here. I've already been back once and plan on going biweekly now for fresh bread and other things. It's just great all the way around. I didn't meet one person in that market that wasn't friendly. The prices are good as well especially knowing that it's all fresh. No complaints at all either time from my perspective. A must see when in the small town! Don't miss out on such a pleasant opportunity.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank oceanfreeme
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“So many choices”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

So many food options! We go here almost every weekend. The food is fresh and the employees are extremely friendly. We have purchased two dining room sets from the Flower Patch. The craftsmanship is incredible! We love our furniture. We just bought a house so there are many more rooms to furnish. We will be ordering several more pieces of furniture from the Flower Patch.

Visited June 2012