“Average Italian Restaurant!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marshall Road
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently had dinner at Pescatore's and it is doubtful we will be back. We were seated for quite some time before a server even acknowledged our presence. My daughter had the ravioli which she enjoyed and my wife and I shared the margherita pizza which was heavy on the sauce, not a very large portion and way overpriced relative to other Italian restaurants in the area. They have a decent wine list and a nice selection of craft beers which you usually don't find in Italian restaurants. Overall, an average restaurant which needs to improve both food and service.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The restaurant looks and feels a bit dated. Had some good, classic Italian food. Loved the garlic bread.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pescatore in Italian means fisherman, but this fine Italian restaurant is not a fisherman's trattoria but a first class white cloth ristorante with true Italian cuisine, well-prepared, generous portions and modest prices.

We make it a point to eat at Pescatores whenever we're in the Brandywine Valley, both for the authentic Italian dishes and for the chef's willingness to accommodate special needs.

We've never been disappointed by the quality, whether fish, fowl or meat, and always pleasantly surprised by the delicious sauces, presentation, and family-size helpings. You won't confuse Pescatores with quick-defrosted "Italian diner" food!

The servers tell us everything is prepared fresh from scratch and we've always found that true. Bring a hearty appetite and an open mind. You'll have fun trying out the Specials.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went to Pescatores after trying to get into several other restaurants which had waiting lines.
I ordered tuna over eggplant and expected to get something different from the unseasoned fish and 2 pieces of unseasoned eggplant which arrived. My husband's veal chop was good.
It was not surprising that there were not many diners at 6:30 when other local restaurants were full.

1  Thank eclairewl
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pescatores was not only the best Italian food I've ever had, it also has superior service. Our waitress was nice, informative and extremely easy going. She made the dining experience even better. The bread is good and my meal was filled with delicious flavors that didn't disappoint! All four dishes at our table came out steaming hot which is not the ordinary at most restaurants. Pescatores is smaller but intimate and very family friendly. It is a nice dining experience and a break from the busy city of Philadelphia. I would tell anybody interested in good Italian food to go to Pescatores! I can't wait to go back. I don't think any other place can top it!