“My Staybridge Suites Experience”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Mills
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have stayed at Staybridge Suites for extended periods of time over the last 12 months. I have stayed on various floors within various rooms during this time.I have elected to return to the Staybridge Suites when I had other lodging opportunities. The reason is simple. The family of people working at Staybridge Suites are so unique. They tend to every need I have, provide great breakfast meals everyday and dinners three nights a week and maintain my room with excellent housekeeping. I also receive a free newspaper delivered to my room daily. All for a very reasonable rate that my employer greatly appreciates.

Room Tip: Room selection is excellent. I prefer the Suites option, where I have access to a pullout couch bed...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi Bob P,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your experience at our hotel over the past year. I’ve shared the review with the entire team and they really appreciate your kind words. We consider ourselves to be a big “Family” here at Staybridge so to read that you described us as a family really means a great deal to all of our team members. Thank you for your continued loyalty and, as always, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed one night here with our 16 lb. daschund. The room was very clean and the bed linens were so white, not dingy like most places. The sheets actually fit the bed! My dog was a little noisy, first hotel stay for him. A lot of restaurants within a few minutes. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a dog, so they asked if we wanted a first floor for easy access. Next time I would stay at t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank roseva
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hi roseva,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We all enjoyed having your family at the hotel and we are pleased that you had a great experience! Thank you again for choosing to stay with Staybridge and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a business traveler staying in hotels more than 300 nights per year, a few comments with regards to this hotel....I am a member of the hotels rewards program having achieved a platinum elite status..this is the highest level that can be earned in the IHG program after staying many many nights per year...this property was disappointing in that it would not upgrade my room to the next level even though a one step upgrade was available if I paid "extra" for it...so I would have to say if you have a choice gather your points with Marriott as this hotel chain does not honor program promises.
I have been staying in a studio one bedroom for about 20 nights so far and when compared with properties of similar type I would say this room is small. Additionally the hotel performs a "light room cleaning" during the week..meaning they do not put coffee cups/dirty dishes in the dishwasher, towels have been left piled on the bed or desk, the iron board is not put away, absolutely do not expect bed linens to be changed or the floors cleaned/vacuumed as a part of the light cleaning.
The property is newer and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank FreqBizTraveler2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear FreqBizTraveler2014,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite Member and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you found our staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies if you were disappointed with the room that you were given and maintenance levels not being completely up to par. We have your comments documented and these shall be addressed properly with our team to consider for improvements.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in a king suite which was very roomy and very clean. The 2 televisions and the full kitchen were great to have. There is no safe in the room so we opted to do our own housekeeping with a daily towel exchange. This worked out great for us and we didn't have to worry about our tablets and other valuables. The breakfast was fine, plentiful, and the happy hours and snacks were a nice touch. As usual in this grade of hotel, the fitness room was outdated and needs some attention-exercise balls that are barely inflated and a couple of machines that did not work well or at all. I found all the dogs and barking a bit of a bother, but this hotel really welcomes them, with pet treats in the lobby. I think this could be better advertised. Very nice, friendly and helpful staff. It is located right in back of Costco with a Target and other stores, liquor store, and restaurants very close by. Upscale area and very safe. This is a great value for the money and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LATaz
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hi LATaz,

Thank you for the great review of your experience at our hotel! I’m happy to hear that you had an excellent experience with our team and that you found our hotel to be a great value. Please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory experience with our fitness center, but I can assure you that your next experience working out at the hotel will be much different. Thank you for choosing to stay at Staybridge and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We often travel to Glen Mills as my husband's parents live at the Maris Grove Retirement Community nearby. The hotel is always clean, and the staff is consistently very helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious, and a great bargain for the price. The kitchen is stocked with all the necessary items for a long term stay if necessary, plates, cups, utensils, dish washing detergent, a spacious refrigerator, microwave, etc.... It's definitely overkill for one night's stay.

Our king suite had a living room area next to the kitchen and breakfast type bar. A large TV, sofa, chair, tables and lamps made us feel right at home as soon as we walked in.

The bedroom has a comfy king size bed, another large tv, dresser, closet and attached bath. Everything is consistently clean and we always enjoy a quite restful night's sleep.

The breakfast bar is awesome, Plenty of fresh food to pick from and all you can eat!

I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in the in the area. It's pet and kid friendly and you won't find a better value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary J

Hi Mary J,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! Our entire team is very happy to hear that you had a great experience at the hotel. We all appreciate that you choose to stay with us while visiting your family at Maris Grove and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went to Glen Mills for business, but there was a really bad snow storm on Sunday, December 8th and the airplanes were delayed and I pulled into the hotel at 12:50A. It had snowed a lot then it was freezing rain. The hotel was comfortable and new. The front desk guy was helpful. So, in the morning with little sleep I went down to their breakfast (I never eat motel "free" breakfast). The breakfast was GREAT. The coffee was good. So I had breakfast for two days. It is now Tuesday evening and I was planning to go to P F Chang's which is about two blocks away. As I came in from the snow and cold there were many people in the eating area, then I remembered that this hotel has a reception on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So I joined a table for many beers and a hotdog. With the snow and ice this turned out to be a good refuge.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Don C,

Thank you for the great review! I’m happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and that you especially enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening Social during that nasty snow storm. Nothing beats some hot food by the fire! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is located near a good shopping area. The hotel staff is very friendly and polite. The give a healthy breakfast for free. The hotel cab driver - "Ron" is a very nice and friendly man. The room's are good and spacious for one person.

Thank you for the wonderfull experiance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bharat B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience at our hotel. We know that there are a lot of choices out there, so thank you for choosing to stay at Staybridge and we look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!