“Absolutely a 10, with no complaints!!”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Mills
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge for a week due to work being done on our home. We were warmly greeted. The suite was clean and well stocked for all our needs. It was quite. Whenever we called down to the front desk, they immediately met our needs.

We enjoyed the hearty breakfasts and the 5 p.m. gathering with free finger foods and drinks.

I broke my foot so I had to scoot around in a wheelchair in the suite. It was wheelchair friendly and that made my stay even more confortable.

Great appliances: dishwasher, microwave, two-burner stove top, and a 12 cup coffeemaker, toaster. Pots and pans included.

A few years ago, I rented their conference center for a baby shower and they were very accommodating at that time too.

Room Tip: It can get a little (room 325) across from the housekeeping room. I just put the "Shhhh, sleep...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tripandtip
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hi Tripandtip,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review! We all enjoyed having you as a guest and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you are doing well and we look forward to seeing you again

Thanks,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a short road trip which included a two nght stop in Glen Mills PA We where very pleased with the friendly and courtious service.The hot breakfast was tasty. The room was clean and spacious.

Room Tip: We where on the third floor it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hi John D,

Thank you for the great review of our Hotel! We’re all very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us and that you found our team to be friendly and courteous! The next time you are in the area please reach out to us and we’ll make sure you have another great stay…and we’ll get you back on the third floor as well!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We’ve enjoyed our stay as always. It was nice to see familiar faces and new ones. Suzanne made it possible for us to return. Sandy was so hospitable and helpful. Monica was always obliging. Ryan always making sure everything was just right. James, who works late at night when not many take notice, is so conscientious, in addition to his front desk duties, he gets everything organized, in the breakfast area, for the following morning. He tends to guests in the most helpful way anytime you come to him for assistance. He’s a true “jack of all trades”, and he does it graciously, “kudos” to you. Great staff that works the desk, everyone was so friendly and helpful. As for the “Breakfast & Evening Social”, well, Santa and Katie stay hidden in the kitchen most of the time, working hard preparing the meals and replenishing the stock, so we wouldn’t be hungry, as well as keeping the place tidy and clean, they’re not as visible as Barb who spends time with the guests and if you need local info, she’s the gal.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Steve N, Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hi Lydia J,

Thank you for the glowing review! As I’m sure you already know our team was thrilled to have you back at our hotel! We really appreciate the fact that you went out of your way to stay at our hotel this time around. As always we were sorry to see you go, but you know that we will be here if you ever come back to the area! A big thank you from all of our team that you mentioned in your review – I know it meant a lot to them!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just came back from a two-night stay at the Staybridge for business. My room was very clean and spacious, and the hotel has a somewhat cozy feel. The staff was friendly and there was a decent selection for the complimentary breakfast. I used the fitness room, which had a pretty good variety of new equipment. Many hotel fitness rooms have only one elliptical, one treadmill, etc., but this gym has four treadmills, if I remember correctly. There is also a laundry room next to the gym where guests can use the washing machine and dryer. Also, the hotel is located just behind a strip mall with several great stores, for those who like to shop. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hi Godiva0318,

The entire team here at Staybridge appreciates your great review! We are all so happy that you enjoyed a lot of what we have to offer and that you found our team to be friendly. Thank you for recommending our Hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had a long stay here due to business. I cannot say enough about the staff there. They are all wonderful, kind ,caring folks. It is hard to be away from home but it felt comfortable and welcoming to come 'home' to this hotel after a long day at work.
This hotel is clean, quiet and cozy. I never had any issues with checking in, the staff is very efficient.
The food is very good and great, relaxing lobby to enjoy it in.
This is a pet friendly environment.
I would recommend this hotel for long stay or short stay needs.
I just left Dec 8th and am returning to the area the end of December with my family. I would not even consider staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gail G

Hi Gail G,

We really enjoyed having you at the hotel! We take great pride in being our guest’s “home away from home” because we understand how important it is for people such as you to feel comfortable and welcomed when on the road for so long. Thank you for recommending our hotel and writing such positive things about our team and amenities! You know you’ll always have a place to call your “second home” when you are in the area. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just spent 20 days in a 2 BR suite at the Staybridge Suites Wilmington and couldn't have asked for a better home away from home for our family! Staybridge has a welcoming and attentive staff (special thanks to Chris, Zach, Barb, Santa, Katie and the room attendants!!). Our room was clean with very comfortable beds, quiet heat/A/C units, and many of the comforts of home including a well-equipped kitchenette. Some of the room furnishings/carpet showed a bit of wear, and we all wished the tv had more channels and didn't lose the sat. signal so often, but it was more than adequate. A daily buffet breakfast, is offered (including make-your-own waffles, fruit, eggs, cheeses, sausage/bacon, yogurt, cereal, breads and muffins) and there are also wonderful evening socials midweek that include beer, wine, soft drinks, salad and finger foods. A free self-service guest laundry is available. Definitely the best hotel in the area!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi JK1263,

What can we say? We’ll just let this incredible review stand on its own, but please know how appreciative we all are here at the Staybridge that you took the time to write it and mention so many of our outstanding team members. We enjoyed having you at the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Staybridge Suites for 16 months on business. I almost exclusively stayed during the week and traveled home on the weekends. This is by far the best hotel property I have ever encountered for long term business travelers. Where to begin? Barbara DeVoll (Barb) is the hotel hostess and she is there in the morning to prepare breakfast and is also there on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings to prepare and clean up the evening reception. She has the sweetest disposition and you cannot help but love this woman. She truly cares about the guests and made me feel like I was at home each and every time I saw her. Katie and Santa are there to help from time to time and are great as well although I did not know them as well as Barb.

The front desk staff is phenomenal. Jessica, Zach, and Chris have been a welcome site to me as I would return from work every evening. I, along with my colleagues, have enjoyed this staff immensely during our time there. We have laughed with these folks, visited with these folks, and just enjoyed their familiar presence from day to day. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. David and James are wonderful as well although I would usually only see them as I was leaving for work early in the morning or when a flight delay would cause me to arrive late at night. :(

The management team at this hotel are always visible and available to the guests as well. Ryan Greene was a regular at the evening reception and is a great guy (even though he is an Eagles fan! lol) Steve Natale is the general manager and appears to be well respected by his team and is genuinely concerned about the guest’s experience as I have visited with him on several occasions. Suzanne is the marketing coordinator and is fantastic as well. She certainly has her finger on the pulse of the property and what makes it great.

The quality of the breakfast food is superior to any other hotel offering complimentary breakfast. The rooms are always clean and well appointed on every stay but that is just secondary to everything else this property offers. I have always managed to get a room upgrade if desired with no problem due to my Platinum status. Perhaps the greatest feature to business travelers (women in particular) are the private storage closets available free of charge to long term guests. There was plenty of room to store my suitcase with toiletries and extra “stuff” so that I did not have to leave it at the front desk over the weekend. I had my own key to open my walk in closet with a hanging clothes rack and shelf so that I could do my laundry free of charge and hang my clothes without having to worry about pressing them every week. Many other extended stay properties charge for laundry so this was a welcome feature.

Although I stayed at this property longer than most guests, I had the opportunity to see many individuals come and go for short stays and was able to see that they received the exact same hospitality and wonderful experience as the long term guests.

In short, I categorically recommend this hotel for guests needing a short or long term stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy S

Hi Amy S,

We miss you and wish you would come back! Ok we know you have to be home sometimes, but the team here still talks about what a great person you are and what a pleasure it was to get to know you. You were always so gracious and appreciative and the team of course responded in kind. You know that you will always have a place here at the Staybridge. The entire team would like to THANK YOU for your stay and for being such a great person!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!