“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
New Jersey
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just came back from a two-night stay at the Staybridge for business. My room was very clean and spacious, and the hotel has a somewhat cozy feel. The staff was friendly and there was a decent selection for the complimentary breakfast. I used the fitness room, which had a pretty good variety of new equipment. Many hotel fitness rooms have only one elliptical, one treadmill, etc., but this gym has four treadmills, if I remember correctly. There is also a laundry room next to the gym where guests can use the washing machine and dryer. Also, the hotel is located just behind a strip mall with several great stores, for those who like to shop. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi Godiva0318,

The entire team here at Staybridge appreciates your great review! We are all so happy that you enjoyed a lot of what we have to offer and that you found our team to be friendly. Thank you for recommending our Hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bradford, Pa
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had a long stay here due to business. I cannot say enough about the staff there. They are all wonderful, kind ,caring folks. It is hard to be away from home but it felt comfortable and welcoming to come 'home' to this hotel after a long day at work.
This hotel is clean, quiet and cozy. I never had any issues with checking in, the staff is very efficient.
The food is very good and great, relaxing lobby to enjoy it in.
This is a pet friendly environment.
I would recommend this hotel for long stay or short stay needs.
I just left Dec 8th and am returning to the area the end of December with my family. I would not even consider staying elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gail G
Hi Gail G,

We really enjoyed having you at the hotel! We take great pride in being our guest’s “home away from home” because we understand how important it is for people such as you to feel comfortable and welcomed when on the road for so long. Thank you for recommending our hotel and writing such positive things about our team and amenities! You know you’ll always have a place to call your “second home” when you are in the area. We hope to see you soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just spent 20 days in a 2 BR suite at the Staybridge Suites Wilmington and couldn't have asked for a better home away from home for our family! Staybridge has a welcoming and attentive staff (special thanks to Chris, Zach, Barb, Santa, Katie and the room attendants!!). Our room was clean with very comfortable beds, quiet heat/A/C units, and many of the comforts of home including a well-equipped kitchenette. Some of the room furnishings/carpet showed a bit of wear, and we all wished the tv had more channels and didn't lose the sat. signal so often, but it was more than adequate. A daily buffet breakfast, is offered (including make-your-own waffles, fruit, eggs, cheeses, sausage/bacon, yogurt, cereal, breads and muffins) and there are also wonderful evening socials midweek that include beer, wine, soft drinks, salad and finger foods. A free self-service guest laundry is available. Definitely the best hotel in the area!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi JK1263,

What can we say? We’ll just let this incredible review stand on its own, but please know how appreciative we all are here at the Staybridge that you took the time to write it and mention so many of our outstanding team members. We enjoyed having you at the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again!

Texarkana, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Staybridge Suites for 16 months on business. I almost exclusively stayed during the week and traveled home on the weekends. This is by far the best hotel property I have ever encountered for long term business travelers. Where to begin? Barbara DeVoll (Barb) is the hotel hostess and she is there in the morning to prepare breakfast and is also there on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings to prepare and clean up the evening reception. She has the sweetest disposition and you cannot help but love this woman. She truly cares about the guests and made me feel like I was at home each and every time I saw her. Katie and Santa are there to help from time to time and are great as well although I did not know them as well as Barb.

The front desk staff is phenomenal. Jessica, Zach, and Chris have been a welcome site to me as I would return from work every evening. I, along with my colleagues, have enjoyed this staff immensely during our time there. We have laughed with these folks, visited with these folks, and just enjoyed their familiar presence from day to day. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. David and James are wonderful as well although I would usually only see them as I was leaving for work early in the morning or when a flight delay would cause me to arrive late at night. :(

The management team at this hotel are always visible and available to the guests as well. Ryan Greene was a regular at the evening reception and is a great guy (even though he is an Eagles fan! lol) Steve Natale is the general manager and appears to be well respected by his team and is genuinely concerned about the guest’s experience as I have visited with him on several occasions. Suzanne is the marketing coordinator and is fantastic as well. She certainly has her finger on the pulse of the property and what makes it great.

The quality of the breakfast food is superior to any other hotel offering complimentary breakfast. The rooms are always clean and well appointed on every stay but that is just secondary to everything else this property offers. I have always managed to get a room upgrade if desired with no problem due to my Platinum status. Perhaps the greatest feature to business travelers (women in particular) are the private storage closets available free of charge to long term guests. There was plenty of room to store my suitcase with toiletries and extra “stuff” so that I did not have to leave it at the front desk over the weekend. I had my own key to open my walk in closet with a hanging clothes rack and shelf so that I could do my laundry free of charge and hang my clothes without having to worry about pressing them every week. Many other extended stay properties charge for laundry so this was a welcome feature.

Although I stayed at this property longer than most guests, I had the opportunity to see many individuals come and go for short stays and was able to see that they received the exact same hospitality and wonderful experience as the long term guests.

In short, I categorically recommend this hotel for guests needing a short or long term stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy S
Hi Amy S,

We miss you and wish you would come back! Ok we know you have to be home sometimes, but the team here still talks about what a great person you are and what a pleasure it was to get to know you. You were always so gracious and appreciative and the team of course responded in kind. You know that you will always have a place here at the Staybridge. The entire team would like to THANK YOU for your stay and for being such a great person!

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night after Thanksgiving (November 23) as we were attending a wedding in the area and this was the hotel that the bride and groom had secured special rates with.

I made a reservation online on April 30th - 7 months ahead of time. I made the reservation for two nights. As the weekend approached, our Thanksgiving plans had us staying at home in Virginia instead of traveling to Pennsylvania, so I attempted to change my reservation online by cancelling one night. There was some sort of glitch with the reservation system however, because I kept getting error messages. I called the hotel directly on November 9th and spoke with Chris. I cancelled one night and asked if I needed a new confirmation number. I was assured I did not.

On November 19th, four days before we were due to arrive, I received a confirmation reminder via e-mail. It had my dates listed incorrectly as the original two nights I had booked online. I still took Chris's word that my reservation had been changed.

We arrived at 3:30pm on check-in day. I gave my last name to the front desk clerk and she said there was no reservation under my name. I pulled up the confirmation e-mail on my phone and when she punched in the confirmation number she found the reservation, but said it had been automatically cancelled by the internal system. This was quite disconcerting as we had driven 3 hours on a holiday weekend for the wedding of one of my best friends AND we had made the reservation 7 months ahead of time. Having worked at several hotels in my earlier career, I can assume what happened was that the reservation was never actually changed when I called and talked to Chris. The online system still showed me arriving on November 22, and when I didn't, I should have been charged for that night anyway. Now, having made the reservation 7 months prior, the credit card I used for the reservation had expired and I had a new one. Because the online system couldn't charge a credit card, it cancelled the reservation.

The front desk clerks could tell that I did indeed reserve under the wedding party rate and said, "Well, you're lucky that we happen to have a few rooms available because often we are booked." What if there hadn't been rooms available??? Would I have been kicked to the curb because Chris failed to properly cancel one night of my reservation or because the online reservation system wouldn't allow me to change the reservation myself?

The room itself was nice. I don't believe I had ever stayed at a Staybridge Suites before, but it was comparable to other chain suites (Towneplace, Fairfield). I liked the way the room was set up. The TV swiveled so that you could watch it from the sofa or from the bed. The kitchen was a good size (we only used the refrigerator and sink as we were only in the room for one night). The bed and pillows were really comfortable. I liked that the sink / mirror was outside of the bathroom so that one didn't have to wait for the other to finish in the bathroom to use the vanity. Our room on the 2nd floor over the front entrance / lobby, but I never heard and parking lot noise. We did hear kids running up and down the hall and could faintly hear a baby crying from another room, so the interior insulation isn't the best, but it wasn't anything that kept us awake.

I don't know if it was coincidence or if this hotel is practicing new green standards, but it seemed that the heat/air would come on as soon as we entered the room each time. The bad thing about the heating system was that there was some sort of air freshener that was constantly being pumped into the room. It smelled so strong that we could actually taste it and after a while it made me nauseous. Unfortunately there was no way to air out the room. Air freshener smell is better than a bad smell, but it was REALLY strong.

Our friends had arranged it so that the hotel shuttle would take groups of us to the wedding site which worked out great for us.

I liked that the breakfast spread was out until 10:30am. I've stayed at many hotels where breakfast ends at 9am or 9:30am on weekends and I really don't like setting an alarm to get up and eat breakfast. There were a few hot items - french toast sticks, fried eggs and sausage - as well as a waffle maker. There was also a little European flair as there were cold meats and cheeses. And of course there were hot and cold cereals, breads, muffins, juice and soda.

Our friends that were getting married had booked a suite and a large group of us hung out in there for a couple hours after the wedding. It was nice, but not really a romantic suite. There was a big conference table in the main room with 6 or 8 chairs, and the bedroom had two queen beds rather than a king bed.

All in all, our stay was good. I thought the discounted rate of $115 per night was still a little pricey for the area, but I didn't comparison shop this time around because I wanted to stay in the same hotel as the rest of the wedding group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi TVChick16,

Thank you for such a great and honest review! We all really appreciate a lot of feedback as it always helps us improve. I’m sorry to hear that you had an issue with your reservation, but I’m happy to hear that everything worked out and you enjoyed your stay. We hope that if you are ever in the area again that you choose the Staybridge! We hope to see you soon!

Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was surprised at how chilly it was when I arrived, but when I opened the door to the Staybridge there was a lovely fireplace blazing - it was so welcoming and beautiful - I could have slept right there in the lobby!
My check-in was quick and easy, my room was clean and absolutely beautiful - I felt so pampered. The breakfast in the morning was fabulous - the selection was full of variety and loved being able to use china instead of paper or foam. To top it off they offered a small discount to those of us visiting family at the retirement village down the street.
I will stay here every time I go to Glen Mills!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jan D
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi Jan D,

Wow what a great review! My team is so happy to hear that you found our hotel to be so welcoming and beautiful! We all enjoyed having you with us and we hope that the next time you visit your family you choose to stay with us again!
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been staying here 3 nights a week since Febuary and cannot think of a better place in the area to stay. The hotel is on a quiet street off Route 1 (the car traffic has increased since Costco set up shop next door 2 weeks ago) and the rooms are large with a fully equipped with kitchenette. However, it is the super friendly staff that make this place a standout. Jess, Chris, Zach, Barb and the entire staff make you feel welcome from the moment you check-in. Breakfast is always set up on time, and the evening social is always buzzing. Though I am not exactly a pet lover, it is always quiet here despite a dog or two in a few rooms. I definitely feel like it is a home away fom home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Doctortraveler,

I am thrilled to hear that our hotel is a “Home away from Home” for you when you travel. The entire team here really appreciates that you took the time to write such a glowing review of the hotel and the great service they provide every day. Jess, Chris, Zach and Barb all thank you for your kind words! We enjoy having you at the hotel each week and look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Brandywine River Hotel
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!