“Great menu variety and service...and did I mention the food is great too?”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 70 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Been twice since it opened. Nice to have a place in the area where you can have a burger, pizza or upscale entrée. Starts with focaccia bread dipped in an oil parmesan blend. The scallops were perfectly cooked and a delicious entrée. Filet tips with mashed potatoes tasty. Had the ahi tuna app on wontons the first time and liked them even better on the cucumber second time around.
Nicole was our server and she was so pleasant and helpful. Suggested we order her favorite which was the sushi appetizer and it did not disappoint. We did not have reservations and they were booked but suggested we "call ahead" about an hour prior and we didn't have to wait more than 45 minutes or so once we got there. And we had requested Nicole as our server so expected a little longer wait. Plan to go back and try everything on the menu.

2  Thank Mendenhallfarm

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Went yesterday for lunch. They are new, but I would say are paying close attention to details. We had the cheesesteak egg rolls, Cheeseburger and regular pizza. All were excellent. I was thrilled to find a great burger so close to home. We did try the Peanut Butter Thing for dessert which is there signature dessert and we were not disappointed. It was excellent as well. I liked the décor very much. Earlier review described it well that is "upscale, but not pompous eatery". I think a lot of different people will feel comfortable in there. Our server, Stephanie, was a lovely young lady who checked in often and was very upbeat which only added to our experience. She's a keeper for sure. Our service was excellent, however, on the way out, we ran into our neighbors who complained they had been waiting an excessive amount of time. So, I chalked that up to growing pains and wouldn't let it deter me from going back. Managers were roaming around as well and checked in to make sure all was well. You could sense a very hands on approach from them. If that continues, this place will be a huge success in this area. We will be back for sure to try the other menu items. I will also try the bar for happy hour. On examination, they seem to have a wide variety of liquor including a good selection of single malt scotches which made me very happy!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

pleasantly surprised. expected a sports bar motif, rather than an upscale but not pompous eatery. their name says it all, its not average, its much better than average. my wife and i went there today and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. wife had a salad with chicken and i had a turkey blt, real turkey!!
dessert was lemon sorbet with fruit, was enough for two. will definitely be back. a great additio to area's eateries.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went two days after it opened and was still in "shakedown." I had the Southwest burger which caused me to have virulent diarrhea that night. Called the manager the next morning who said that they had no other complaints but offered a gift certificate for the rug and slippers I had ruined. I also spent the night coughing violently which may have been caused by chemicals and solvents from the recent construction.
The good news is that the staff was very friendly and my fiancee's fish was excellent.
We will try again and hope for a better experience

1  Thank GourmetWaynePA
Reviewed July 2, 2014

NYA Joe's in Glenn Mills recently opened. We had dinner there. Apparently they take reservations, but we waited at the bar for our table. Wait was less than 30 minutes. Bar staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. Had drinks and appetizers. Dinner was very good, took over 30 minutes but worth it. Rolls/Bread is awesome, dinner good. Actually packed up half to go and it was even better for lunch the next day. Would recommend and return.