“conference”

Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glen Mills
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Wyndham Garden has been newly remodeled and is a very comfortable hotel. The staff is awesome. They really make you feel welcome. There is a full breakfast with an omelet chef in the mornings. There is a Bistro within the hotel that has delicious food at a reasonable rate. The rooms are very comfortable, and the Jr. Suites have a separate living room. It is very nice to be able to sit somewhere other than the bed to watch television. There are also microwaves and mini-fridges in the rooms which is nice. The location is great for restaurants, shopping, banking, just about anything you could want. Not too far from Philadelphia in case you need to get to the airport easily. Thanks to the staff for everything -

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Jon and staff were great. I recommend to all of my traveling buddies. Joey does a wonderful omelet every morning. Lisa ans Tamika make you feel at home. Many thanks

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you so much for your short and sweet review of our property I will make sure to pass on your glowing review of Jon the General Manager... Thank you for mentioning my name it is often that I feel like the man behind the curtain so it is good to see I made a good impression on you personally though i would rather hear my staff pointed out by name and I will make certain to let Joey know you enjoyed both his omelet skills and his people skills.

Next time you are in the area please call me directly as I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade as long as it is available for taking the time to review our facility. I can be reached at (610) 358 1700 x2131 also ask for me at check in so I can say thamk you in person.

have a wonderful day and I hope to meet you soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Thank you to the staff of the Wyndham Garden for a wonderful stay. Angelo Hionis the owner came out and greeted us upon our departure. He is a great American with a great heart for our wounded soldiers. In addition, this hotel was recently remodeled and it has a great bar to enjoy. Next time you want to stay in this area please choose this property. Great job!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Though we arrived after 9PM, the front desk staff was very accomidating and cheerful. They informed us that the restaurant and lounge area were still open and were able to provide me with a travel shaving cream etc.
The room was welcoming and inoculate. The service in the bar area was great and provide a history of the area.
Breakfast the next morning was not typical but eggs make to order with all the sides cooked to order.
All in all a wonderful stay. 5 stars

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed one night during Labor Day holiday. Room was clean but toilet hardly flushed and shower drain was slow leaving standing water in tub. Hallways were hot. Arrived at hotel at 3pm check-in time and was told by manager that room was being cleaned. Manager would notify me when room ready. 45 minutes later I checked the room and it had not been cleaned. I went to find the housekeepers to clean the room myself. Reported this to front desk and was told the manager would call me about complaint. I never heard from manager. There were young children staying at hotel for a sports tournament. The children used the hallways and stairwells for running races. They also kept all the elevators busy. The noise lasted until midnight and started at 7am the next morning. The hotel tried to stop the disturbance but to no avail. The breakfast was just ok but couldn't eat in the dining area because it was over 90 degrees in the dining room. I cannot recommend this hotel for travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dpm4660
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your review; I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property and I am trluy sorry that this holiday weekend turned into such a bad experience for those both affiliated and not affiliated with the mismanaged group that booked with us. As you may have read in previous reviews from the Labor Day weekend in question we did recieve numerous complaints durring this period of time which all stemmed from the disrespectful sports club that was in house for this weeked. While this is no excuse for some of the issues you mentioned; the added strain placed on my staff made it next to impossible to keep up with the issues which are normally handled in a timely and professional matter as you can see by the majority of the reviews from other travelers that did not visit on this particular weekend. I apologize we did not have the room ready for you at 3:00PM we tried our best to get all rooms ready in time but due to the extreme disaray these rooms were left in by some fo the teams what normally took 30 minutes to clean easily turned into hours per room to do a thorough and acceptable job.

With regards to your other complaints about the hot public areas and children; the State Police were called multiple times due to the dammage caused by this group. It was later determined that the afore mentioned group decited to break into the locked AC units switching them to heat. This caused irrepairable dammage to these units as it was summertime. This lead to very hot corridors, and increased heat in our breakfast area which was also closed but did not prevent the vandalisim. My engneering and security staff tried in vein to stop the group from being so dissorderly; but were even threated with physical harm at times for scolding the children. As of 9/9/13 all of the damage has been repaired throughout the hotel and we have been taken strides legally and contractually to prevent this from happening in the future.

I am sorry that this group negatively impacted your stay and rest assured they will NEVER be permitted back in the hotel. I even had 2 families from the team apologize for the behavior after the weekend and tell me that they were going to approach the orginization independently as well as sever ties with the club as their actions set such a bad example for their own children. The one and only positive is this group made me truly appreciate the typical level of respect, cooth and manners our average guests carry themselves with.

I am truly sorry you were witness to this groups distructive force; feel free to contact me with any further questions and furthermore should your travels bring you to our area again I hope that you will give us another try to see what this hotel is typically like. I owuld be more than happy to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our feature suites as my way of apologizing for the bad experience you had over the holiday weekend in question. I can be reached at (610) 358 1700 x2131

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville

Been to Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington? Share your experiences!