“Trip to Longwood Gardens”

Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glen Mills
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our queen suite was wonderful. 2 flat screen TV's, a nice couch, microwave and refrig and you could tell the hotel had been through recent renovations and it is lovely. The breakfast area was large with one of the best selections I have seen. Eggs, ham, waffles, fresh fruit, bisquits and gravy, etc. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom terrific and modern and the water pressure was always great. The sink, while very modern, looked great but I found the faucet ackward but usable. Lots of shopping, close to winerys,parks and Longwood Gardens.We most certainly will return here. The price was terrific for the great value. I highly recommend it. Entry to the hotel is a bit difficult, but tons of safely lit parking. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was spotless.

Room Tip: Fifth floor and the opposite end from Hooters was very quiet .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel; It is wonderful to see that everyone enjoys the renovations as much as I do! I really appreciate that you took the time to point out some of the subtle nuances in your review, your attention to detail is much appreciated. You were one of the first guests to experience our newly configured queen suites as such your positive feedback with regards to this room type truly means a lot. I am glad that you had a chance to experience Longwood Gardens on your visit; next time you have plas to come to our area please give me a call or send me an email and I would be glad to take care of your reservations personally: (610) 358 1700 x2131 sales@concordvillesuites.com . I can also make some additional recomendations with regards to some other area attractions that may be of interest to you. There is so much to do in the Brandywine Valley be it historical attractions, galleries, award winning restaurants, concerts, festivals, outdoor fun and the list goes on. Thank you again for your review and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect from the mixed reviews. I booked my room online via priceline as it offered the cheapest price. The room I booked and paid for was a queen suite in the unrenovated section, and I was a little concerned about this. When we checked in, we were given a king suite in the renovated section. The room was awesome when we entered it, very modern, spacious and clean. 2 flat screen tv's, large stand up glass door shower, lots of seating, and the bed was super comfy. They also had some fresh fruit in the lobby area, and offered a free breakfast the next morning which we missed out on. There was a fridge and small microwave in our room.There is plenty of parking and LOTS of shopping and restaurants near by. There is a bar (which we didn't visit) and a Hooters right there outside the hotel. The only downfall I found was that if you were on the wrong side of the highway, you couldn't cross over as there was a concrete median there... you had to drive and make a UTURN to be on the right side of the street to enter the parking lot.

The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JonDOS, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

I absolutely love reading all of the positive feedback regaridng our renovations and I am glad you both enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our King Feature Suites. This room type is by far my favorite in the hotel as I personally love the spaciousness of the living area. I hope you make it back to our area again and if you do plese call me ahead of time. If the room type is available I would be more then happy to upgrade you again as a thank you for taking the time to worte such a positive review of our property. I may even be able to let you try out one of our other suite types such as our Jacuzzi suite; or if traveling with friends one of our 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment suites. Feel free to call me at (610) 358 1700 x2131 and I will see what is available at that time.

Thank you again and have a happy and safe 2013!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I very much enjoyed a night at this hotel recently. The renovations are beautiful. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable, absolutely spotless. The decor is modern but done in very soothing earth tones. The staff is wonderful, friendly and efficient. The breakfast room is clean and spacious, with a great assortment of food and beverages to start your day off right.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words; it is great to hear all the positive feedback we have been getting with regards to our renovation project and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I will make sure to share all of your positive comments with my management and staff. There are still a lot of changes and upgrades in store for our facility in the next couple of months including rebranding with a major hotel chain better suited for the size and layout of our hotel.

Should your travels bring you back to our facility please ask for me upon chack in; I would love tyo thank you in person for your wonderful review and discuss some of the additional upgrades on the hoizon. Feel free to shoot me an email at: sales@concordvillesuites.com as I would be glad to take care of any future reservation needs for you personally. Have a happy and safe New Year and thank you again for your glowing review.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I spent about 20 nights in the Brandywine Valley Suites Hotel in two different rooms on the 5th floor for a business trip. First off, the general manager is fantastic. He addressed my concerns and I thank him for that. Also the girl who works the overnight shift went above and beyond to help myself and others. The hotel is currently under necessary renovations.

Pros: Location is fantastic, you can get to Philly, NJ, or DE quick from here. The outside of the hotel has been renovated it looks great. Price is reasonable. Separate sitting room, free high speed internet that works well, refrigerators, microwaves, local food delivery. Two televisions in each room. Parking is fantastic. Beds are comfortable. Free washer and dryer usage, it's on the second floor, the staff did not know that. Pantry has cheap domestic beers, $2.50 each. Dunkin Donuts is in the same parking lot. Free hotel breakfast similar to what you would find at a Holiday Inn. Fitness center on first floor. Movie theater, need to arrange use of it prior to your visit, as the staff does not know how it works.

Cons: The hotel is right next to Hooters and a bar called FireWaters. The un-renovated rooms look like they are from the 1980's. The water pressure was terrible, the water temperature was inconsistent. The day time desk staff is transient, they are not fast, nor helpful. They held $420 on my credit card as a deposit for the long term stay. This was quickly rectified. $2 for 1 load of TIde laundry detergent, $2 for 2 sheets of Bounce. No juice in the vending machines, there are sports drinks. Pool is outdoors. Housekeeping needs a bit of work. I checked into the first room and there was a plastic fork on the floor. One of the two central elevators was not working. Secret, there are two service elevators down the hallway past the fitness center.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your detailed review of our facility. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to accommodate you while business brought you to our area for an extended period of time. I will make sure to pass along your kind words regarding our staff as I am positive it will mean a great deal to them. We take pride in what we have to offer our guests and after reading your review it looks as though you enjoyed many of our ammenities. I can assure you that I have taken your words regarding our maintenance, fronte desk and housekeeping issues and have addressed them with the department managers. These concerns have been taken care of and we will use this information to make sure to eliminate any issues in the future. Again, we appreciate the time that you have taken to kindly review our property. If your travels ever bring you to our area again, we will make sure to upgrade you to one of our newly renovated suites. Please call the sales office to make your reservation at 610-358-1700 X2134 to make any future reservations.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently organized a social event in one of the hotel's meeting rooms. We had about 16 people attend and everyone enjoyed themselves and remarked on how great the facilities were. The staff were very accommodating and went out of their way to provide us with more than we could have asked for. For example, if we wanted some ice and went to ask where we could find it, rather than directing us to the ice machines, they would actually say "Don't worry, we'll bring it to you" and would then go out, get the ice in a nice bucket, and bring it to the room for us. In addition, several of our attendees stayed in guest rooms at the hotel and the rooms were nice as well. Clean and comfortable, with a nice TV, mini-fridge, and microwave. Also, having the free breakfast for guests who spent the night was a big bonus - the breakfast was more than just bagels and pastries. They had eggs and meat, yogurt, juices, coffee, various breads, cereal, hard boiled eggs, milk, and "make-your-own waffles".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Momotarophilly

I would like to thank you for sharing feedback regarding your planned event in our meeting space. Our staff truly does go above and beyond to make sure that all guests have what they need to enjoy themselves. I will make sure to pass your kind words along to our staff as I am sure they will appreciate to hear it. I am glad to hear that your event attendees enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. Breakfast is definately a plus here at our hotel. We have a wide variety of food items for our guests to choose from. If your group should decide to get together again in he future, we would be more than willing to accommodate you. Please call the sales office at 610-358-1700 X2131 to book your event with us. Again, thank you very much for your positive review!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had made a reservation at this hotel in August when it was still a Holiday Inn Express. We were quite concerned when we pulled up and discovered it was no longer a Holiday Inn! No one had notified us of the name/ownership change. Luckily we had passed it many times and knew that we were in the right place. Our prepaid reservation was honored with no problem. The place is definitely showing its age though it was clean and comfortable (if you don't mind the AC blowing on you while you are in bed). We hope the planned renovation is successful because there aren't a lot of good places, reasonably priced, to stay in the area. It is a little tricky to drive into from the east, west, or north. You have to go south and make a u-turn or turn into a business to turn around.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank het

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very important and help my staff and I focus on our guests observations . With the number of hotel chains out there we understand that many travelers are loyal to a specific brand or brands. We appreciate the relationship we at one time had with our previous brand and have learned a lot about the limited service market through our association with this family of hotels.

As you may or may not have read in some other reviews our facility has nearly completed a full scale interior renovation of all public spaces, meeting and conference facilities; as well as guest rooms and suites. With this renovation we will be keeping a majority of the amenities our loyal customers have come to enjoy and expanding and upgrading these inconjunction with the renovation and in some cases we will be bringing back items not permitted by our old afiliation.

In the next few months we will be evolving from a limited service independent hotel and realigning with a new nationally recongized hotel brand. Should your travels bring you to our area in the future I welcome you to visit us again and experience what is in store for our facility. Should you have any questions about this evolution feel free to call me at (610) 358 1700 x2131 or contact me via email at: sales@concordvillesuites.com and I can discuss this project with you in further detail. I would also be more then happy to assist you with any future reservations personally and quite possibly be able to offer you a discount or room upgrade as my way of thanking you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

just finishing 9 weeks of work in the area. Stayed here, the room and staff were great! Room is comfortable and clean. breakfast very good as well. Lauren and Jon were able to help with reservations and made sure everything was in order.I was here on business but would have no hesitation staying here with my family.Washer and dryer on 2nd floor was great while doing extended stay. If ever back in area will stay here again. Thanks again, Lauren,Jon and entire staff, and Good Luck in the future!

Room Tip: only stayed on upper floors very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Barry R
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your glowing review; I am glad you had a great time during your extended stay at our facility. We were all very sad to see you leave as you truly became part of our family while staying with us. We truly thank you for your understanding with regards to our renovation project and hope that our efforts to lessen the impact of this project worked. We have come a long way since the begining of your stay here and I am glad you were able to see the transformation first hand. As always should you or any of your friends, family, or business associates have the need for overnight accommodations, extended stay needs or meeting and banquet space please reach out to either Lauren or myself and we will make sure that they are well taken care of.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville

Been to Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington? Share your experiences!