“Fast Food Alternative”

Cuisines: Mexican
Philly
“Fast Food Alternative”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I tend to forget about this place and I dont know why. I've ended up at the Cosi next door too often I suppose. Run like a Qdoba but with a twist, and you dont watch employees assemble your meal. Reminds me of a 5 Guys as well. I like the alternative entree protein items, such as Blackened Chicken (my favorite) or fish. They'll do bowl or 'naked' style as well. Ingredients were fresh and service is fast. Self service on the drink machine. There's a large wall rack with weird and exotic hot sauces to choose from, or at least laugh about. I really enjoyed the chicken, and as I point out this is a vastly superior healthy choice over burger or chicken on-a-bun with fries places. Enough menu variety to keep you coming back every few weeks, and there's a loyalty program where you earn free food for your patronage.
I give it one star lower than top dog because of the chincy feel and the exceedingly large chains attached to the pen at the register you use to sign your charge receipt...falls short of 'funny'. Esprit-de-corps in staff can vary greatly, most seemed high school or college age, so I forgive them any 'hourly wage shift employee' persona - as long as it stays on their side of the counter.

• Visited May 2013

Ashland, Ohio
“good food and service!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I personally prefer Chipotle more, but this was still good. The service was fast, and the food was great! Plus, if you've ever wanted to try 100 different types of hot sauce, this is the place to go!

Visited May 2013
Long Pond, Pennsylvania
“I actually went to Lancaster...”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I didn't feel like adding the Lancaster location, because I feel like I am always adding new restaurants on this site, so I just assumed they are all about the same, being a chain.

I ordered a BBQ Chicken Quesadilla while my wife got an enchilada burrito bowl. My quesadilla had four pieces, though they would make you believe it only had three, since the one piece of tortilla had nothing in it. As I was looking for the meat in my quesadilla, I looked across the table to see my wife with a look of disbelief. She was disappointed as it didn't measure up to her Chipotle experiences in the past.

Not only that, but the seating straight sucked. No room at all and we had to take a table by the drink machine, which was like a water cooler and everyone was having conversations at it. We heard about a teacher reconnecting with an old friend, who also had a baby. There was a family of four whose kids didn't know how to choose a drink...I could go on...yet, I won't.

Not sure we will go back to this joint....

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awful”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Burnt chicken, stale tortillas, and some of the most unfriendly employees we have encountered at this location. We were frequent customers but after this last visit we do not go anymore.

Visited November 2012
“Mmm.. Cal tort!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

First off, the hot sauce wall is amazing! Secondly, they give you very big portions for what you pay for. Food is always good there. Quick line...! I love their soda machine too it's rediculous. I consider myself a frequent flyer.. ;)