“Beer is okay, food is mediocre, kitchen and staff need lots of work”

McKenzie Brew House
Reserve with OpenTable
McKenzie Brew House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The beer was okay, but not great or particularly varied. The fried calamari was rubbery and lacked spice. The ribs on the other hand were over spiced - almost as if they had used too much liquid smoke. Our waiter was very slow and did not come back to the table until we asked for the check - refills were nonexistent.

The topper was the kitchen. The dining area looks into the kitchen. After eating, we started watching the cooks one of whom handled raw chicken barehanded and proceeded to handle utensil, plates, and other raw foods. He then put on his gloves to wipe down the grill with brillo pads. Then he started cooking on the same grill which was never rinsed and handled food with the same gloves he wore while cleaning.

Will not be going back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We drove by this place so many times, and finally decided to check it out. It has seating for a lot of people, so I'm guessing that there is never a long wait (if any) for a table. My salad was swimming in dressing...way too much. The server apologized and I was given a free dessert :)

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We've been eating at McKenzie's Brew House for several years when we are in Delaware and the food has always been good and service great. Recently stopped in for lunch and everything has gone down hill. We were immediately seated and our order was taken quickly. We ordered onion rings as an appetizer. They came out in about 10 minutes and were soggy and not very good. We've had them previously and they have been light and crispy. Waited a good 40 minutes for lunch. The restaurant wasn't very crowded and there was no explanation why it took so long. I had a chicken quesadilla which was good - but burnt on the bottom. My husband got a roast beef with white cheddar and au jus. The beef was chewy and the au jus was so coagulated and gelatinous - he didn't even try it. With so many other restaurants in the area, I doubt if we will go back to McKenzies.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Of the eight brews that I tried, only one rated 3 of 5 stars, all of the others either got 1 star or negative ratings. The food was average at best, and for a restaurant that was empty at lunch time, and I do mean empty, the kitchen was very slow. Unless you are starving, and there is no other option, I would suggest that you find a better microbrewery and restaurant.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

stopped by for a light lunch. wife had a pizza: she liked it because it wasnt overly overwhelmingly cheesy. i had the spicy wings. next time ill do the very spicy wings. might visit there for dinner this thursday as ill be on my own. noticed its fajita night.