“Fantastic Always”

Terrain Garden Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrain Garden Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt. 322
Description: Terrain Cafe celebrates the cycle of the seasons and the bounty of the land. Using hand-selected local produce, meats, seafood, and dairy products, we take pride in creating seasonal menus using hand selected local produce, meats & dairy products at their peak of freshness, from farmers we know and trust. Our bright, open spaces reflect the beauty of nature, complementing a menu and experience created in collaboration with James Beard Award-winning Chef Marc Vetri and the Vetri Family team.
Newark, Delaware
“Fantastic Always”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We travel roughly 40 minutes to dine at Terrain. We have eaten lunch and several brunches at this fine, intimate, yet quirky establishment. Make reservations in advance and ask to sit in the "hot house" portion of the restaurant. Classy menu in a laidback atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced...good food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife insists that she will never return here every time she goes. The food is good but extremely pricey. There are other places in the area that I chose over this place.

Their policy on bread refills is unusual. My friends simply asked for a refill and were told we would be billed for the second helping. Extra bread only if more people at the table.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank CraigGaspasser
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Way too pricey for the amount of food you receive.”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Everything about the grounds and buildings is beautiful (even in the winter when we visited). I was excited to try Terrain at Styer's Cafe and only wish their online menu had included pricing (because then I would have chosen another restaurant - thank goodness I only went for lunch). $6 for a cup of soup, $12 for a salad the size of my fist (probably about 50 cents worth of greens), $17 for kale with a few pieces of turkey. Having eaten at many restaurants all over the country, and especially in the Philadelphia area, this restaurant is probably the most expensive one I've ever experienced for lunch. I appreciate the attempt at fresh, local foods and might have forgiven the cost if the portions were larger. I agree with all the reviews that the atmosphere is great but other than that I wouldn't not return nor would I recommend because of the cost and very small portions.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CMCPhiladelphia_PA
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Atmosphere Atmosphere Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you are looking for a really cool place to have lunch with a very different "feel" then you will love Terrain. The dishes and the setting are so unique and fun. The food is mostly locally grown and prepared fresh that day!! Tip - go for lunch. It is much more quaint and quiet than the atmosphere at dinner!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kk1249
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful setting, ends there.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

When we first went to this restaurant we loved it. The ambiance is the best we have ever experinced. The problem with this place is the food and service go down hill every time we go. The staff is very nice, but completely uninformed and unknowledgable about the menu and the ingredients.
Last time we went, they botched our order (it happens) but the food was just plain awful. Short ribs that you had to use a knife to cut. They were more like a bad dry steak. -Even I can't mess up short ribs. Lobster gniocchi were heavy and tasteless.
Because of the atmosphere, we will try this place one more time, but that would be the last time.

• Visited November 2013