“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
Georgia
“A nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Chadds Ford Hampton Inn is clean and nicely furnished. I have paid comparable prices and gotten much less than this inn offers. We stayed there during a busy 4th of July weekend. The inn was crowded, but surprisingly quiet in our hallway. The breakfast room is busy on weekend mornings. We ate seated on a couch with a coffee table which was doable. I was surprised that the room did not have a mini-fridge, but there was an ice maker on our floor so this was not overly problematic. The area around this inn is experiencing great growth. A Texas Roadhouse and Chik-Fil-A are under construction right in front of the inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for a day or so on business in the area. Rooms were clean, service was friendly and location couldn't have been better for where my meetings were being held! Breakfast was comparable to the other Hamptons I've stayed in, but this hotel in general feels very clean and fresh. It could be because it's newer, but overall I didn't have any real complaints about the hotel... It was unfortunate however that they welcome other guests like those sharing my floor with me. The hallway of my floor consistently smelled like someone had been smoking marijuana heavily in it, very displeasing that this behavior is allowed. Once I was inside my room the smell dissipated, but the hallway smelling in such a manner really worried me. The other major problem I experienced were a couple of "thugs" that had taken over the business center/public computer area... I decided not to bring a laptop with me during this quick trip to make it more convenient for myself going through airport security, assuming I would be able to use the computer at the hotel... Unfortunately this was not the case as I was greeted by unwelcoming faces in the business center who were using the available computers for websites clearly not business related. After waiting two hours, periodically checking in on the "thugs" hogging the machine I decided it best to abort any plans to print my boarding pass at the hotel and just make my way to the airport to check-in there. Frustrated I left the hotel, which initially I enjoyed, but will investigate other options upon further visits to the Glen Mills area...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank burton8414
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Aug. 28th to Aug. 30th to move my son into his college (Neumann University). The hotel was Beautiful. The room looked brand new, and was very clean. The king size bed was ultra comfortable. The hot breakfast station was just ok but it was complimentary. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

Other than the very odd breakfast served at this hotel, (Everything was served in aluminum trays-no steamers- and it was less than appetizing-a bit surprising for a Hampton Inn), I had no complaints. It was neat and clean, service was friendly, and you can't beat the location. A solid choice for this area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Bucks County Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

This is a new hotel, (August 08) and was very clean, moderrn and very convenient to the acrivities in the region.
The staff were great, breakfast good and lot's of chain and local restaurants in the area.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Downside, I do not like the bright white energy saving bulbs in the lamps. We have them in our home, and they are a soft white.
Other tan that, I would stay there again, but would ahve liked a better price.
There is no sign on the treet, os it is easy to miss.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
toronto, canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn Chadds Ford.

The hotel is in a good location near shopping, restaurants, and area attractions. I liked that the hotel was up a hill from the main road, making it a bit quieter than if it was directly on the road.
The staff that we dealt with were very nice and helpful.

Our room was great. Very nice. It may sound weird, but the placement of the bed in the room was great - not the usual hotel room arrangement. The bed was comfortable. I wish there was an inroom fridge, but no complaints otherwise.

The breakfast room/lounge was nice. The weekend that we stayed seemed pretty busy, so breakfast was a bit of hassle - the seating is large tables only, which means you have to try and find a seat at a table with strangers. This proved to be a bit difficult at times, because large groups seemed to linger after breakfast, taking up valuable seat space. As soon as someone would stand up to go back up to the food, their chairs would be snaked by someone else looking for a seat.
The coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby was a great feature.

Overall, we have no complaints about the restaurant, other than the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

I haven't stayed in a Hampton Inn for a number of years and was pleasantly surprised by the style and design of this one--very appealing and not hotel cookie-cutter. The rooms were big, clean, and comfortable with one of the best desk designs I've encountered. I also liked having a lap desk provided, too. The beds were comfortable and the HVAC system provided a good white noise for drowning out hallway conversations. The breakfast was adequate but a step down from a Marriott Courtyard spread. However, it's included, which is more than you can say for a typical Courtyard. You get styrofoam plates and plastic utensils, but you do get hot foods (egg, sausage, oatmeal, french toast), muffins and breads (which can be toasted), cereal, yogurt, and passable coffee. Another perk: free in-room wireless. A great deal for a great price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford? Share your experiences!