“Sad to see it go”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Although I live in New York, we would naturally go there during family reunions in Pittsburgh, PA. Even my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary was held there, to which extended family members all the way from Texas attended . A little biased since it is my little brother's restaurant, the food is really, really great. Rick has received a lot of local advertising recognition and awards for his culinary skills over the years, including having his picture with chef's hat plastered on billboards. Today marks the end and closing of his original location of 10 years plus in Gibsonia. There is little doubt, that after a little time off for much appreciated rest and relaxation, he will move on to find a new and better place! Pittsburgh deserves it.

2  Thank Robert R

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very nice little restaurant right on Route 8 in Gibsonia. They always have good fish. If you eat early this is the place since they always have early bird specials.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the outside, you wouldn't expect this to be a fine dining restaurant. Inside, it's small and intimate. They have an interesting menu selection and the food is very good. It is pricey though. I would definitely go back, especially to celebrate a special occassion.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been eating at this restaurant ever since it opened and have never had a bad meal. I have known this chef of over 25 years at two separate restaurants and have always been pleased.

1  Thank TOM H
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at the Cala Lily Café two weeks ago. This is definitely the place to go for a special occasion. The restaurant sits in a very small strip mall and would be easy to miss but don't be fooled. They serve some of the best food this city has to offer. The Ron's salad was a great way to start our meals and the cranberries were a great addition. I opted for their pumpkin tortellini alfredo, and you won't go wrong if you do too. The pasta was fresh and the pumpkin tasty and creamy. Their portions are also right sized, not too big and not too small. Our server was very attentive and right on with her recommendations. She wasn't intrusive but always made sure to keep our water glasses full and made a great suggestion for a bottle of wine that we loved. We went on a Thursday evening and the restaurant was busy but not overly loud. It's a rather small venue so making reservations would be advisable. They also have an early dinner menu until 6:30 PM that can help keep down the price. This is a rather expensive restaurant but the quality made it well worth the price we paid. We definitely think you should give the Cala Lily a try. We think you will be as impressed as we were.