“Best Bed and breakfast yet.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gibsonia
Sun and Cricket Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Gibsonia B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I love B&Bs. My sister was getting married and I found this incredible B&B very close to her house. I thought it was going to be fine... Well we were pleasantly surprised by the accommodations and the great attention Tara and her husband gave us. The bed was so comfortable and the room/cottage immaculate clean. We stayed two nights but I wished we could of stayed longer. Every day the breakfast was beautifully served and deliciously prepared. In addition Tara is a walking enciclopedia so interesting and kind. We will definitely come back.
Every Bed and Breakfast owner should visit The Sun and Cricket B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed at The Carriage House. Absolutely divine!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria C

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is very nice and restful place to stay in Pennsylania near Pittburgh. The owners, Tara and John are very friendly and have numerous helpful ideas of what to see and do and where to eat in the area. We stayed in the log cabin which is attached to the main house unlike the Carriage house which is separated by a short walk near the horse barn. Tara made us wonderful, varying and very filling breakfasts. Along with the horses and dogs and a cat, we also saw deer, wild turkeys, a toad, a badger and a field of fireflys emerging from the field a night which are an amazing sight to watch.

Room Tip: The log cabin would not be suitable if you are disabled or a large person as the circular stairs to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Canadiantraveller027
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was my second time here and I enjoyed it as much as the first time. This is only 1/2 hour from Pittsburgh, and was surprised at how open and uncrowded the area was. John & Tara, the owners, are hospitable hosts. My husband & I stayed at the Carriage House, which sits towards the back of the property. The solitude and privacy was welcoming after a long day of driving. The carriage house is surrounded by horse pasture and sits above the barn. You would think it would have been noisy with 5 horses, but they were quiet and we never once heard them. If you like to hike, there are trails behind the property. Lots of outdoor activity, if you don't like the city.

Room Tip: If you like privacy, the Carriage House is excellent. It's by itself towards the back of the pro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dianedowd
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My friend found this B&B online and we decided to give it a try. We had to be in the area for a baby shower and it was also a birthday trip for us, total of 3 on a girl's getaway weekend. We stayed in the log cabin which is attached to the main house but still had plenty of privacy. The place was clean, quaint and peaceful! Just fair enough of the highway but yet, close enough to plenty of things to do, see and eat! The hosts are extremely accomodating on giving you all the knowledge of places to go and their favorite places to eat, no matter what you are looking for. I spent alot of time on the front porch in a great chair watching the horses and birds, which included turkeys on one morning! Tara's breakfasts are wonderful and she makes things different and tasty with a beautiful presentation...I would definately recommend this place to anyone wanting a taste of the country but still needs a bit of city stimulation close by! We were a little early for the spring flowers but looking around the property, April is going to be gorgeous when all the plantings are in full bloom...we couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Found this B&B by word of mouth from a friend at work. Have stayed here three times, twice in the carriage house and once in the log cabin. The surroundings are quiet and relaxing, the hosts are friendly, accommodating and very personable. They have a wealth of knowledge of what's happening and on more than one occasion we have changed our itinerary for the day and for the better.

This a very nice place to stay and the breakfast is always something to savor. Recommend The Sun and Cricket B&B for the peace and quiet and friendliness of the hosts! My wife and I enjoy the time we spend here!

Room Tip: Try the carriage house...enjoy the horses ( morning alarm clock)
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DRSimms17356
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Sun & Cricket (S&C) is an outstanding, elegant B&B on a horse farm northeast of Pittsburgh. We (two adults & teenaged son) stayed in the Log Cabin, an old building with modern features and plenty of room. The owners were very hospitable. Tara made us an excellent breakfast. I think most anyone -- "horse person" or not -- will find staying at S&C to be a hugely positive and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the carriage house, which is separate from the main house where the owners live. The room was very nice, comfortable, nicely decorated and well-kept. It is a very private setting, unlike some B&Bs where everyone is in the same house. The property is also very quiet and peaceful, with several horses and green pastures. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank ts60611

Been to Sun and Cricket Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!