“They Don't Care”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gibsonia
Outer Banks
“They Don't Care”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

We have stayed at this property at least once a year for the last 12 years while visiting family. The inn is now a branded as a Quality Inn. I was not able to reserve a king bed as I regularly have, so settled for a queen, hoping that we could be moved to a king on arrival. The front desk staff told me that there was not a king available. The room we got was a handicapped room with very little counter space and an annoyingly loud buzzing fan in the bathroom. The television card listed many channels like ESPN and HBO, but we could not get them. When I asked about that, the desk personnel claimed that it was Comcast's problem and they had called several times. The stairways were poorly lit at night and dingy looking by day. On a positive note, the bed was firm and the carpeting looked new in our room.
If only the staff had offered a rate adjustment to offset the incovenience, this would have been a much better review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed one night and had no significant problems. We got an accessible room because it the last one with a large bed, and our room was comfortably sized. One chair was broken but the room was clean and attractive. There is an elevator so getting upstairs was easy.

The breakfast bar was very limited and not suitable for the gluten-intolerant. I tried the decaf coffee and didn't care for it. However, the hotel is right next door to a restaurant that serves a reasonably-priced breakfast so I imagine most patrons go next door to eat anyway.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaVista
Bedford, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

The rooms were very small for 3 family members staying together but ours was clean. The breakfast was very limited and the area was only set up for 6-7 people; very crowded. On the plus side, the young man in the front office was very kind, helpful and efficient. If we stay in that area again, I would drive further for a better hotel. I do not think this hotel should have a 2 star rating...it is in dire need of updating for a 2 star.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank 2BedfordTravelers
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This place has the worst staff, not clean rooms, the staff will lie right to your face. Terrible communcation skills. I can't wait to see this place go out of business. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank ironcitybt177
new jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

Don't stay at this Comfort Inn. The manager and staff are dishonest. They lie and are deceptive.

We were never informed of their 24 hour cancellation policy. But when we went to cancel, they threw in our face that according to THEIR computer we were informed.

I made the reservation at 10:30PM the night before we were coming into the area. I would either have not made the reservation or stopped looking if I had been informed about this Comfort Inn's 24 cancellation policy.

But I kept looking becasue I wasn't informed. When I found that the Radison , 20 minutes away and rated 3 stars to Comfort Inn's 2 was $10 less for the night on Hotels.com. I called Comfort Inn back to cancel the reservation, but I was told I couldn't. When I asked to speak to the manager I was told I had to wait until he came in at 3 PM the next day!

We are now disputing the charge with the credit card company. By the way, the Radison's cancellation policy was until 11 AM the day of the reservation.

I'm not plugging for anyone, but be careful if you still choose this Comfort Inn.

Stayed June 2008
3 Thank pmg25
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2008

My mother is in a wheelchair and needed a hotel while making a brief stay. I stopped by the Comfort Inn weeks before her visit and was given tour of the handicapped room on the first floor. I then reserved the room for seven days and was given a reservation number. When my mother arrived we went to drop off her luggage at the hotel only to be told that somehow the room was given to another guest by mistake. I made it clear that she needed a handicapped room in order to safely use the bathroom and for showering. The man at the dest appologized and said he would inform the manager of the mistake. Since we needed a room we took a non-handicap room on the first floor for that night before being transferred to the handicap room on the following day. This room did not allow for my mother to shower or safely use the restroom. At other hotels when there has been a mix up, the management usually will make good on their mistake by covering the cost for the wrong room to appologize for the inconvenience. When I could finally get ahold of the manager he assured me that he would thouroughly investigate the situation (what was there to investigate?). He then avoided me for the next two days and would not return my phone calls. At one point his deskman told me he was gone for the day. I went to the office to check and he was there. He made up some story of my being offered another handicapped room on that first night my choosing to reject it. This was foolish since it made no sense that I would put my mother in a room without an accesible bathroom when another handicapped room was available. When confronted with this he was extremely obstinant and made it clear he was not about to do anything to make up for their mistake. In all my many years of travel I have not found a hotel with such poor management! In addition, they forgot to clean her room on the second day. We chose to leave the hotel and went to the Holiday Inn in Harmarville (which was very nice, but further away). The poor management at the Comfort Inn cost them five nights when we stayed elsewhere. The manager was unconcerned, but I bet the owner would not have been happy with how he handled things. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!!!
P.S. The second day when I went into the office there were four people in front of me all complaining that they were overcharged. They went back and forth with the deskman till he wore them out and they paid the higher charge.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank drdms
Reston, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

We had a similar customer "service" (read: DIS-service) experience as other reviewers. No-one who is associated with this hotel appears the slighest bit concerned with customer satisfaction. We walked into this hotel at 1:00am in the morning. The front desk agent verbally mis-quoted the rate (a $10 discrepancy) and neglected to inform me of a crib charge ($6.00) though I mentioned to him that we had brought our own Pack N Play. "Oh no, don't worry, we'll bring one right up for you!" he stated. While I did sign the rate card (as I'm sure the pet owner did, too), the desk agent did not circle the additional crib charge or the room rate charge, as they do in better hotels. The crib charge is listed at the bottom of a paragraph of text, almost 1/2 page below the rate acceptance line and almost 1/2 page above the signature line. Not at all obvious to weary travelers who are checking in at 1:00am.

Worse, when we brought our "issue" to the morning desk agent, we were treated coldly and informed that only the manager can make any changes. Conveniently for him, he wasn't arriving until 2:00pm, well after check out time. We called later that afternoon, but the manager now wasn't arriving until 11:00pm, but, we were assured he would call us back. When he didn't call us back we called again and kept calling until we reached him. And, like the morning desk agent, the manager wa completely unconcerned with our dissatisfaction. His only concern was that he was "right" that we had signed the rate card, so therefore, we were "wrong" and he won't reimburse us.

It is unfortunate that the manager and employees of this hotel have chosen to lose a customer over a $16.00 misunderstanding, combined with uncaring and unsatisfactory customer service.

As far as room accommodations and "breakfast" -- it was clean, but our "non smoking" room stunk like stale smoke and there was a spider colony living all around the outside of the door. The breakfast was completely lame. By 8:00am when we checked out, there was nothing but a couple of sad looking muffins and some stale coffee.

Save yourself some aggravation and travel on to the next exit!

• Liked — Close to turnpike
  • Disliked — The staff and service.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank MegaJoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gibsonia
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranb...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cra...
#2 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Harmarville
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Wexford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!