“Sucks”

Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Gap
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Sucks”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This place is terrible. The customet service is horrible. Everyone seems snooty, and immature. The place is going downhill more, and more. Also not safe. Had a cousin killed in the parking lot 5 years ago. As a woman when you enter the bar, it is like a meat market. It is just really creepy, and creepy patrons. Was much better 10 years ago under george's management!

3 Thank jaynedough26

West Chester, PA
“VERY DISSAPOINTED”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

DH and I stopped here for lunch in October 2012. We sat at the bar, had some beers and sandwiches and watched football. Our food was very good and we thought this would be a good place to meet family from Lancaster County for dinner. Made arrangement for 8 of us for dinner. When ordering drinks the waitress did not know if the bar had certain brands of liquor for martini's. They need to train their staff or have a drink menu. We ordered our appetizers and meals at the same time.I asked how the prime rib was cooked and told it would be cooked to order. Some of us chose a salad as a side with dinner. The appetizers and salads came at the same time. Some needed another drink and our waitress was no where to be found. We had to ask another waitress to find our waitress. When she came to our table for the drink order she said that the dinners were on their way out of the kitchen and left to retrieve the drinks. We cleared our own table of the empty appetizer and salad plates to the table next to us as they were bringing out our entrees - there would have been no room on the table otherwise. We started on the entrees as they were delivering the sides and three people at our table said their food was cold and returned it to the kitchen. Some of the sides were luke warm to cold also. I ordered my prime rib medium. When it arrived it looked nothing like a prime rib should (pinkish meat in juice). It looked like a huge steak that was charred all around, all the surrounding fat was burnt to a crisp black. It was cooked medium as I asked and was good - just don't think it was prime rib. Two at the table had the crab cakes and they were not impressed. After dinner they offered a free dessert - rice pudding, baklava, or ice cream. We placed our dessert orders with coffee. The desserts came quickly - we were completely done the desserts when the coffee came. I am kind of embarrassed that I recommended this restaurant for our family to meet. Lunch for the two of us at the bar was great - dinner in the restaurant not so great.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank WCPAgirl
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Sandwiches maybe, but not a dinner place”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had sandwiches and a beer here several months ago and it was good, and thought we try it for dinner with a group of eight. Service was seriously lacking as they never clean off the table of empty glasses or completed plates. The restaurant wasn't busy, so the staff should have been all over the table. Several dinners had to be sent back... cold, I had the crab cakes and while cooked and hot when delivered, I've had better crab cakes from a box from the supermarket. I might do a sandwich and a beer again, but dinner is out of the question !!

• Visited February 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The food was great: a large selection, tasty, large portions, served without delay. The wait staff are very friendly and accommodating. The locals eat here and the prices reflect that, very reasonable. The "Shrimp Corn Bisque " is incredible.

Visited October 2013
pa
“Chose not to eat our meals paid and left.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It is clean enough, the people are nice enough but not overwhelmingly professional. The real problem was the food. My kid and I went a couple (2) times to try it out the last time we decided we won't return for any food. We ordered an appetizer and two dinners one at the suggestion of the waitress the result was a kinda oily appetizer we ate but didn't sit well I ate my salad no problems there we both took a bite of our main dishes and decided we were not interested in eating them we didn't complain we paid and left. My daughters salmon was not cooked and my alfredo was made for people without taste buds. We both felt ill all night. I am not big on complaining but I think this restaurant has been operation on a long term good reputation even though the food is now inedible. I hope this review helps them decide to turn things around. Because this place is starting its long painful death.

• Visited September 2013