“Hygiene”

Aunt Jennie's 41 Diner
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Gap
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Hygiene”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

When the waitress finally came in from smoking in her car she walked in without washing her hands grabbed the coffee and offered some. She brought it back spilled all over the cup and saucer. The coffee which tasted awful and burnt which I'm assuming from the lack of cleaning the pots! ( I asked if it was old and she said no)
Food was good as usual except when she grabbed my silverware by her dirty hands.
With a whopping 3 customers she opted to just plop down rather than cleaning up.
After slurping the bottom of my water glass several times in front of her I realized a refill wasn't in my future so I paid and left!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Bennysdaddy

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good morning at Aunt Jennie's 41”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat with a awesome atmosphere . I had the stuffed French toast it was fantastic. I read about this place in the paper and it lives up to every word.

1 Thank Boonie1971
pa
“Finally a place to get breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I never thought to stop in but a friend brought me. Close to home non offending decor. It was full of people but we got our food without waiting long. The kids enjoyed it. I got eggs benedict which is my breakfast litmus test and they passed. This is not a gourmet restaurant best as I can see but a steady breakfast spot. I will be going back.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank justmeandtryin
Kinzers, Pennsylvania
“average price... below average menu and food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Poor food quality, chicken gravy could have passed as French's mustard in color, did not have cottage cheese, did not have macaroni and cheese, no ham loaf or baked corn, apple fritters or corn fritters, not sure who wrote the menu but they need to keep writing, we wanted a diner in pa dutch country with variety and country cooking. Hubby and I were seated under a very loud flat screen tv, even though place was mostly empty, so we took it upon ourselves to move over to a booth. Now normally I am about 6-7 inches taller than my hubby but found myself shorter than him, my booth was about 6 inches shorter than his, average service, poor food, keep going to rt 30, go left to Four Brothers Diner. Four Brothers beats this place in every way, extensive menu, great service, cleaner, ambiance, twice the portions and all homemade only 5 minutes from this dive.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank lorieswork
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Next Best Thing to Home Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have eaten here three times, twice for breakfast and once for dinner. The food here is the next best thing to home cooking. The atmosphere is down-home country, the wait staff is friendly and the portions are huge. We have enjoyed everything we have eaten here. We travel many miles to come here. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013