“Good shuttle service”

Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Frazer
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business in the area and found it very comfortable and convenient. There was an excellent hotel shuttle service that came to pick me up from the nearby Exton train station and also took me to my meeting the following day. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Food at the hotel was good but apart from the Outback steak restaurant next door options are limited nearby. This is probably a great location if you are driving (there was certainly plenty of parking) but there is very little in walking distance if you don't have a car. Hotel room was comfortable and well equipped. I was pretty disappointed when my room service breakfast did not arrive in the morning (because the order had not been collected from my door hanger) but this was rectified quite quickly once the hotel was notified and immediately removed from my bill. Didn't get an apology though!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Brad S, General Manager at Sheraton Great Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest -

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Sheraton Great Valley! I am glad that you appreciated our excellent shuttle service and friendly and helpful front desk staff. However, I am sorry that no one apologized to you for the delay in your room service breakfast order and will share your comments with our F&B Director to research what may have happened. Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Sheraton Great Valley for your hospitality needs. We hope you choose us again on a return visit.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I needed a hotel last minute for a weekend in West Chester. We chose this Sheraton for its close proximity to 202 and the low rate of only $112 a night. Given the price, we didn't have high expectations for this Sheraton.

Pros: Staff is friendly and helpful. Location. Plenty of parking. Rooms are large.
Cons: Rooms are dated. Air conditioners are very noisy. Easy to hear people in the hallway. Seems like they do weddings there so it may be noisy late on the weekends.

The breakfast in their restaurant downstairs is "ok." I highly recommend Classic Diner down the street, their slab of bacon is to die for!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank giulianova84

Dear Giulianova -

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Sheraton Great Valley. I am glad that you appreciated the great value of our hotel and our friendly and helpful staff. We are excited to start our room renovation very soon that will provide enhanced guest accommodations. Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Sheraton Great Valley for your hospitality needs. We hope you choose us again on a return visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This Sheraton is a very clean comfortable and friendly hotel. The staff will do anything to make your stay more comfortable. The room was spacious, and very clean. All the normal comforts that you'd expect are there for your use. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had to stay on the first floor so of course it was more noisey then on other floors but it was fin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dera Sophia -

On behalf of the Sheraton Great Valley, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your recent visit. It is extremely gratifying to hear that you appreciated our clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Sheraton Great Valley for your hospitality needs. We hope you choose us again on a return visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

SHERATON – GREAT VALLEY REVIEW

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sheraton Great Valley hotel on our way home to Rhode Island. It is a hotel that is conveniently located a few hundred yards away from the intersection of US Route 202 and US Route 30 in Frazer, PA. The property has 178 rooms, is nicely landscaped, and has plenty of (free) parking.

ARRIVAL and CHECK-IN

One unique feature of this hotel is that there are two separate locations to unload your vehicle. The location nearest the front desk is rather small. On our arrival the hotel van was taking up some of the precious space. Normally this would be no big deal, but on THIS night it was pouring rain and we needed the space. Thank heavens for the second drop-off zone, which is covered and has a handicap accessible ramp.

The arrival staff were knowledgeable and efficient. Being a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) got me the room keys in about two minutes.

ROOM

The rooms are small-ish but are tastefully decorated and are comfortable.

The bedding is comfortable.

We both give top marks for the hotel service. Returning to our room the 2nd night we found out that our A/C had failed. We called the front desk and within five minutes a technician was knocking on our door. Within ten minutes he determined that the A/C unit would not be able to be fixed that night. The hotel immediately moved us to a new room two doors down, provided a porter (that I had requested) to help move all our luggage, coolers, packages, etc. Within half an hour from the initial call to the front desk, we were all settled in the new room. Great job, guys!

CONS
Price. A little steep, but it IS the Sheraton after all. You’re paying for the name.

The breakfast buffet cost about $15 and was not too much different than other buffets at lower class motels that are FREE.

MISCELLANEOUS
There is an Outback Steakhouse right next door.

OVERALL
Definitely a 4-star hotel. We would both stay at the Sheraton Great Valley again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brad S, General Manager at Sheraton Great Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Mike -

On behalf of the Sheraton Great Valley, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us your very detailed and thoughtful response about your visit with us and for your patronage and loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest. It is gratifying to hear that you appreciated our convenient location, comfortable rooms and knowledgeable and responsive service staff. Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Sheraton Great Valley for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Lovely hotel renovated but kept its charm . One area you ride up to looks like a time when horse and carriages went through with its low ceiling and rustic look. Parking is great no problems at all. Almost all the help was exceptionally friendly helpful and courteous except this one person. He definitely needed to change careers. My king size suite room did not have a chair by window yet there was an empty space for it. Other rooms had a chair . I called , they sent up a gentlemen to take a look, he refused to get me one so I called again for which was found but the same gentlemen who delivered it was very nasty and cold. Even threw the chair into the spot. Despite his drama I tried to tip from but he refused to take it from me. After his drama scene the rest of our stay went great. I needed a chair because I suffer from Cluster Headaches and this allowed me a comfortable spot to have them which unfortunately I did.. But I didn't feel I had to explain my motive .
Rooms were clean but a bit plain. Other Sheratons I have stayed at are fancier for the same type of room. Also had clubroom which I always opt for. . Was very nice but again meal plan was a bit less attractive than other Sheratons I stay at Pool area is very nice clean even has Jacuzzi.. Lastly the elevators. they are in dire need of an upgrade. Doors closed but delayed till it began to move because they are so old. A few people got stuck in one till management opened door for them. Restaurant was very nice, we had room service . They allow dogs so we always eat in room. No one likes a barking dog. This chain takes medium sized dogs which is fantastic. . That's why we overlook a few imperfections like a bad attitude because hotel chains heart is in the right direction.
Probably if not for the bad experience with the worker and scary elevators I would have given this a 5 overall because how nice people were to us in general at this location. They really make an effort to make sure you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael -

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us your thoughtful feedback about your stay at the Sheraton Great Valley! It is great to hear that you appreciated the charm of the hotel and our friendly & helpful staff. However, please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable conduct by one of our employees that, as you experienced, is not indicative of the service levels that we provide or expect. We are excited about the elevator renovation that will take place in the near future to better service all of our guests.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We loved how the Sheraton converted an 18th century tavern and home into a 21st century country style hotel. The pool and Jacuzzi were delightful and spacious. The outdoor space was quite and comfortable as were the rooms which we've come to expect from staying at a Sheraton. Our room was missing a chair, but management took care of this right away. The only sour part was the man who delivered it; he was obviously not a happy camper. The rest of the staff was very helpful and friendly. Club Room was a pleasant experience; the wine and cheese was delicious. I wouldn't recommend the flat bread pizza, but the Ceasar salad is very good. Valley Forge National Park is lovely - very educational if you follow the rangers - very scenic. The community folks are friendly too. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Marcus -

On behalf of the Sheraton Great valley, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your recent stay. It is gratifying to know that we achieved your hospitality expectations. Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Sheraton Great Valley for your hospitality needs. We hope you choose us again on a return visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Visiting Philadelphia area for the July 4th weekend. This hotel is 30-45 minutes to/from central Philadelphia. Great value worth the drive. Hotel is clean and the staff are all very helpful. We had a club room enjoyed breakfast.

Room Tip: Easy access from the Interstate or local highway
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear David -

On behalf of the Sheraton Great valley, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your recent stay. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed our great value, clean hotel and helpful service staff. Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Sheraton Great Valley for your hospitality needs. We hope you choose us again on a return visit.

Brad Swales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frazer
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Hotel Warner
#1 of 7 in West Chester
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton

Been to Sheraton Great Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!