“Too pricey for the quality”

Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Frazer
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed here and found the room rate to be way too high for the quality and condition of the room. As others have stated in their reviews, the furniture was dated. The bathroom was very small. They placed me at a room at the end of the hall and it was VERY far from the elevator.

The staff was kind and helpful. I was double charged for internet (which is absurd - this should be included in the cost of the room - especially considering how overpriced the rooms are) and I had to call twice before I was able to speak with someone in accounting to resolve the issue - she was very kind and promptly emailed me an updated receipt.

I will say the gym here is fantastic! This was probably the best part of my stay here.

While I did not hate my stay, I will probably stay at a more appropriately priced location when traveling to this area in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them you don't want a room clear at the end of the hall unless you like a lon...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
pogden, General Manager at Sheraton Great Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hello LaurenH - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay. We greatly appreciate receiving your feedback and apologize we did not fully meet your expectations with the décor, size and location of your room. I’m truly sorry we were not aware you would have preferred a room closer to the elevator as we would have been happy to accommodate your request. Again, I apologize for the error with the internet charge and the delay in correcting the error. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed the use of the fitness room. When your travel plans bring you to this area in the future, I hope you will reconsider and give us the opportunity to be of service to you again. Please feel free to let us know your preferences when making your reservation or upon arrival and we will do everything possible to ensure your stay with us is enjoyable.

Warm Regards,

Peggy

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel looks and feels like a Best Western with a new coat of paint. My room was incredibly "tired" with a number of broken down things. Additionally, my room faced the highway and the window was so poorly sealed that I heard highway noise all night and there was a constant draft coming through the window in the middle of winter. The shower temp constantly fluctuated and I was just ready to get out of this hotel as quickly as possible. Oh -- and don't bother going to the restaurant. The service was terrible. Inattentive servers and it took 25 minutes to bring out a bowl of oatmeal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
pogden, General Manager at Sheraton Great Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear P_tone75 - Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and sharing with us your experience and dissatisfaction with the condition of the room and the inconvenience caused by the noise from the highway. We are definitely disappointed to hear of your unsatisfactory stay.

The hotel rooms were previously renovated over a period of years. A few of the rooms first renovated during the previous renovation project appear tired and in need of some updating, however, it is unacceptable that anything in the room would have broken. Please accept my sincere apologies for any oversight on a broken item that should have been immediately reported and corrected, and the temperature fluctuation of the water in the shower. This is possibly caused by a problem with the shower diverter that can be immediately replaced. The staff is typically very good at reporting issues found in guest rooms, and in providing an immediate remedy if a guest reports any issue or inconvenience. I’m sorry to hear you did not have this experience.

Again, my apologies for the delay in providing the steel cut oatmeal at breakfast. We are changing the item on the menu to avoid the delay in the preparation of this item for future.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future when your travel to this area. I know we can provide the quality service expected.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights for our son's lacrosse tournament. There were several teams that stayed here. They had a special breakfast for lax players in one of the ballrooms which was convenient. The boys swam in the pool and it seemed fine. They have a nice looking restaurant with bar. Overall good experience

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HTMcClellan

Dear HTMcClellan: Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, the special breakfast provided for the teams and the pool and glad we met your expectations. We always enjoy having the teams stay with us.

We look forward to having you return to the Sheraton Great Valley Hotel on your next visit to our area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was pretty annoyed with front desk male staff who acted friendly and attentive but it was all just acting. I didn't have a car and the hotel offered a shuttle service but the front desk staff was selective for scheduling shuttle. An old male shuttle driver was wonderful and very kind but the front desk male staff promised the shuttle at certain time and it was always at least 15-45 min wait my coworker and I had to put up with. He then always made those meaningless 'I'm sorry but the shuttle will be there shortly'.

The lobby bar was always full and energetic but one mid-age bartender with glasses again was very selective on who he pays attention to. It was again extremely annoying and rude to ignore customers to talk with his regulars or whomever ordered expensive bourbon.

SPG lounge offers one appetizer each night but it was not anything special. An old man working there also expects tips for giving complimentary drinks but he wasn't even friendly. This is non-sense. On the other hand, a girl working there was OK. Breakfast was OK and good pastries.

Room was standard Sheraton room.

It's in the middle of nowhere. There is outback and home depot in walking distance.

If I ever visit this area again, I will not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bubbleDC

Dear bubbleDC Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey and sharing with us your dissatisfaction with the service provided by our staff members. It is extremely disappointing to hear of the poor service experience you received by three of our staff members. Please accept my sincere apologies. Selective scheduling of the van, ignoring of customers or solicitation of tips or any failure to provide friendly, welcoming, accommodating service is unacceptable and certainly not up to our standards. I appreciate that you took the time to detail the information to give me the opportunity to immediately address all encounters with the appropriate staff members.

Our location is very convenient to the major highways in the area. Providing the van to shuttle guest to area corporate offices, malls, and restaurants is offered as an amenity and a convenience to our guests. Again, my apologies you had to experience delays when you scheduled a pickup. There may occasionally be a delay due to traffic, however, this is not the norm and should not happen always as you indicated. This has been reviewed with all members of the staff and new procedures have been instituted to ensure all van runs are on time. Contact with the guest will be initiated by the Hotel in the event of any potential delay due to traffic. We believe this will improve the overall service in providing transportation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your loyalty to the Starwood Brand. I sincerely hope you will to choose to stay at the Sheraton Great Valley Hotel when you travel to the area, as the service you received is not typical and I’m confident we can make the changes needed to meet your expectations.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I checked in for one night when traveling with a colleague. He had booked a club-level room, so I did the same so we would be on the same floor. When I checked in, I was given a room on the 3rd floor (not the club floor), and told that I had access to the club floor (the 5th floor), which kind of defeats the point - especially when the reservation said "Club Floor". There was no explanation given why I wasn't on the floor, and I always try to be a nice guy to the front desk - I'm not gonna grill the girl as to why I'm not where I'm supposed to be.

I've stayed in other properties that on occasion have to shift you out of the room they intended you to stay in, at which point - they at least attempt to give you an upgrade. My colleague ended up being on the 3rd floor with me, but while my room seemed like a converted closet, he ended up with what appeared to be their version of a suite.

Looking at my small room - "Club Level" as it would be; no seating other than the office chair, a closet that was the smallest I've ever seen - so small that it didn't have a standard hanging bar, but was set up to literally hold 5 hangers on an outward-facing hook, and had a closed-in claustrophobic balcony. The room I stayed in should have been reserved for staff use as a closet - not a room, it definitely feels like an afterthought.

Do yourself a favor - there are other properties that you can get for a lower price that will be a better value in the neighborhood - don't stay here just because it's close to QVC! Obviously, paying extra for the Club Floor isn't worth it either.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for the club floor - you may not even get it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear NewYorkStrider I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback, but are disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with your assigned room. I’m truly sorry you did not receive the club floor room you requested.

Our Ambassador and Drawing rooms, located on floors below the club level are considered junior suites. The layout of each room is slightly different. The rooms do include club access which includes use of the Club Lounge, a complimentary continental breakfast each morning, evening reception and complimentary internet. I’m truly sorry if this information was not communicated to you upon arrival. If you did not receive the added amenities, we certainly would not expect you to pay for Club Level. If this is the case, please feel free to contact me directly and a credit for the added charge will be immediately provided.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations. I hope you will consider returning the property on your next visit to our area

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were at QVC and other local sites and needed a hotel for an overnight stay. It is easy to find and convenient to stores, restaurants, and attractions. There was a youth hockey tournament and the hotel was flooded with noisy and hyper boys and parents who were not aware of the disruption they were causing. I requested to be on a floor where it was quiet and the front desk did a great job at giving us a corner room on the top floor. Great customer service! On the down side, the water could not be regulated in the shower...it was either very hot or cold so we had to take a bath and alternate the water temps to get a warm bath. This slowed us down and was a hassle but we used the jets in the tub.
The 5th floor has its own VIP lounge and the floor is only accessed by your card for 5th floor guests...very nice. We would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was clean, gym was decent but service at the front desk during check in was poor. Staff member there was rude and unhelpful. The elite members lounge had hardly anything healthy or worthwhile spending any time there.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frazer
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 9 in Exton

Been to Sheraton Great Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!