“Always dependable”

John's Pizza
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Frazer
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've been going here for 30 years, even when John's was located across the street from his current location.
Over the years my wife and I have had a variety of pizzas, hoagies, steak sandwiches, and pasta dishes. Never a failure in all those years. Eat in or take out, the food is always delicious and reasonably priced.
If I had to single out one thing John's does best, it would be the Cheesesteaks with fried onions. I've had cheesesteaks in all the "famous" Cheesesteak locations in Philadelphia, and I would match John's cheesesteaks against any of them.
And finally, the warm and hospitable host, John, makes going there a blast! He has a way of loosening up everybody with his teasing and joking around.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I visited here with my sons on our first night in Philly. Each of us had a cheesesteak with pizza sauce. I thought it was wonderful! We had a couple more steaks at other locations and this one was just as good as any we had. It's a very plain place. Pennsylvania has weird alcohol laws, so many people were bringing in coolers of beer. Not sure I understand how that works but the locals filled the place up while we were there. Our waitress was helpful and very friendly. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A large group of us from my son's hockey team showed up on a Saturday night and we were welcomed and given a seperate area to sit in. The waitress was extremely warm and friendly, and the pizza. heros and stromboli was all delicious and reasonable. This was a great find. Nothing fancy but great pizza and cheesesteaks.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I love their pizza - the sauce is sweet with just enough spice. Fantastic crust - very fresh. You might even see a show - the staff has been known to have very loud "discussions" with each other that can actually be very funny if you don't let them see you smirk.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We've been eating at John's since high school, before they moved across the highway. We now live in NC, but always make John's a stop when we're in the area. Our favorite is John's special hoagie, but the cheese steaks are also excellent. A must stop if you want authentic Italian sandwiches!