“Awesome Vietnamese Food”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Exton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awesome Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My daughter and I went here for dinner last night and we really enjoyed it. You get a lot of food for a great price. We ordered the Bamboo Grill Sampler for two and got enough food for most for $11. It comes with lots of noodles, maybe 10 small strips of meat, hot sauce, lettuce, carrots, and cucumbers with rice paper. I'm horrible at wrapping with rice paper, but I still enjoyed it. I had a big bowl of Beef Pho for $8. It was great! My daughter had chicken stir fry with rice noodles. It was also very good.

• Visited June 2013

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Love this Restaurant - Best Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have been going to the Bamboo in Frazer for many years so we were very happy when they opened the new one in West Chester. We may occasionally still eat at the restaurant in Frazer but I find the food better at Bamboo's in West Chester. We always go with a group of friends so we have tried may items on the menu. We haven't found anything that we haven't liked. Our favorites are the Clay Pots and the Salted Fried dishes. Lately there has been more help and the kitchen was renovated so that food preparation is more efficient.

• Visited June 2013
West Chester, Pa
“Westtown Location not West Chester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I see that others have found the Frazer location to be superior. I have not tried that one, but I must say the one in Westtown has always been outstanding. My whole family enjoys every dish we've ordered so far. MInh who works both locations is usually there when I order, very upbeat nice guy. Usually it's takeout. I've had other Viet food (Green Papaya for one) and I would recommend going here if you in fact live in the area. We've been going there since it's opening.

• Visited April 2013
Berwyn, PA
“Join the legion of fans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We've been eating there for a log time. Food is always good, Pho is great but what we really like are the apps. All well prepared and we will continue to head back

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The BEST "go to" restaurant for Vietnamese in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is one restaurant I can never get enough of! Exceptionally clean flavors that burst in your mouth, terrific service - treat you like family. Have been here more times than I can count - it's a staple and have never been disappointed. Favorites are the Clay Pot (with shrimp or tofu); the sticky rice is to die for good; summer and spring rolls are excellent; Yellow curry, sate, black bean and garlic scallion dishes are all great and the Hue noodle soup, one of my all time favorites, has so much flavor -- it's perfect anytime, but especially on a cold winter day (I seriously cannot figure out how they get so much flavor in what is, essentially, a clear soup)...the list just goes on and on in what is great here. And everything is light, so you leave feeling satisfied but not with that horrible overstuffed feeling. No wonder I go here 3-4 times a month :)

It's BYOB - but there's a state store in the shopping center (Frazer), so that's never a problem if you want some wine with dinner. It's open every day but Sunday and does get crowded - but I've never waited long.

Good for singles, couples and groups, including families with kids. The staff is just excellent - really takes care of you. Prices are very reasonable (most entrees are around $14/$17 - and appetizers/soups are between $4-$9).

This is the one restaurant I ALWAYS recommend to people. And if you've never had Vietnamese, give it a try because you will become a fan because of the lightness and incredible flavors.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Bamboo House of Noodle Soups? Share your experiences!