“Well prepared food at reasonable prices”

Margaret Kuo's Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Frazer
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wilmington, Delaware
“Well prepared food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

After many years of not eating there,my husband and I went for lunch today. He had the buffet lunch which was different from the all-you-can-eat strip mall places. The food on the buffet was fresh and cooked beautifully. There was a wonderful assortment of specialty foods and included soup.
I chose to order from the menu and was surprised to see that they now have Japanese food as well. I ordered the shrimp tempura bento box and everything in it was delcious. It came with miso soup, salad, tempura shrimp and vegetables, sea weed salad, Japanese pickles and rice. There was half an orange to finish the meal.
The only comment I have is that the decor has not been refurbished since the place opened. It is drab and seedy but the good food compensates for that.

• Visited August 2013

Cherry Hill, NJ
“Overall a pleasant dining experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went to Margaret Kuo's Mandarin with some friends and had an enjoyable dinner. The food was good and fair portion sizes. Not enough to take home left overs but enough to fill you up. We had four dishes off the specialty menu and three were tasty. My wife had the sea bass which half was good and half tasted fishy.

It's BYOB, so we brought some wine and beer. The waitress immediately asked what we needed and promptly brought out glasses and opened the wine. The overall service was good, the waitress was there when we needed. Water refilled as needed, plates cleared when we were done. The seating gets a low score, as the tables are very close together.

• Visited July 2013
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“Eh.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'm a big one for atmosphere as much as I am for the quality of the food. The food was very good, but the decor was a bit tired and in reading the other reviews, I see what they mean about the service. It was a bit invasive and I think the active listening skills of the servers could use some work. The table next to us had ordered dessert and it came out frozen in the middle and when they tried to point it out to their waiter - he just wasn't understanding what they were trying to say. For us, the waiter just hovered and was a bit invasive. I had the dim sum sampler and one side of everything was over cooked while the other, under cooked. The main entre was very tasty, but the quality of chicken (I had the General Tso's chicken) was not in line with the price point (in my mind). I also found the tables a bit too close together and if we'd been there in a peak - it wouldn't have been comfortable as I'd have felt as if I were sitting with the tables next to us (the seats were so close together). I plan to go back and try the sushi bar - it's a separate space and I'm open to giving that a go... But - like I said. Eh.

• Visited July 2013
“Worse service ever”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

WE arrived a group of 13. The waitress and I think he was the bus boy before we had a chance to sit down tried to take our order.We said we were not ready and they came in about every 30 seconds asking if we were ready. Yelling loudly. The food came out individually and some of our party received their dinner about 20 minutes after first dinner arrived Some dinners arrived before some got their appetizer. They did not know who order what. When someone wanted a knife. The bus boy took a knife off a dirty plate he was clearing and attempted to give to another guest Lemon chicken good seafood dishes overdone and rubbery ie calamari and lobster. They made too many errors to mention all here. But one of the worse barraging several guest about their tip.The first was someone who gave 25%(they had the wrong guest) The next was someone who payed exact amount and had their tip on the tableThe third was someone who used a charge but had planned to leave cash tip. No one in our group will ever return again.
As I said there were too many incidents of horrendous service and rude servers to mention

Coatesville,Pa
“Always a pleasant establishment”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have never been disappointed at either the service or the food at this place. One of our favorite eating establishments

Visited December 2012