“Very comfortable”

Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frazer
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I stayed two nights while conducting training at Penn State-Great Valley campus. Hotel is convenient to Routes 202 and 30. The staff members were friendly and professional. My room was "older" but very clean and quite comfortable. Overall: nice location, good price, plenty of TV channels, wonderful bed, and bright bathroom. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed January 17, 2009

The room was ok but the property was crowded and noisy. It was not a favorite stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Stayed as a party of a hockey group. Had a very decent stay. The room was a nice size with a large king bed and a pull out couch bed. Plenty of room. It was a small limited frill hotel but the outside pool was very nice. The common area lobby was nice and people socialized there nicely,

The cons were the AC which made a tremendous noise, rattled, and struggled to cool the room while dumping water on the floor. The TV channel selection was limited with no kids channels. The breakfast was sort of typical continental and sort of m'eh. The Internet cable to the room did not work.

But the staff was excellent and friendly. We can late in the afternoon and asked for a late check out - it was no problem. Usually, when we come as a group, the staff treats you as a group annoyance. This staff was very nice and friendly.

Even though there were problems with the facilities, the staff makes it earn a 4 stars.

Reviewed June 14, 2008

I stay at this Hampton property while on business and my wife often joins me because of the beautiful area and excellent location of the hotel. Located on the Main Line (on Rt 30 at the intersection of Rt 202) and many locations are very accessible from here. 1 mile east of Exton (new Exton mall and the newer shopping district just across Rt 30). Also a 4 mile drive south to West Chester and very close to Brandywine and Paoli areas and of course the King of Prussia area to the north.
Hotel is very clean and up to Hampton standards, bed is great with the new sheets and pillows are great. Outdoor pool is a plus as most business-oriented hotels don't offer this. Outback steakhouse next door and a Sheraton on the other side of the Outback for fine dining.
Great restaurants in the area - Ship Inn 2 miles to the west, Iron Hill Brewery in West Chester, and Maddie's to the east on 30.
Great spot for those touring the Main Line areas of Lancaster, Reading, and Wayne.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Hapton Inn was is ok, room is clean ... not so bad

But when it comes to service quality, they absolutely dont have any.... I am used to a sleeping on foam pillow and didn't bring it along as most of the hotels I goto either provide me with pillow or have a firm pillow that I can sleep on. I stayed in Hampton Inn for four nigts and requested for the pillow for three consective nights. The anwser was consistant that you will get it tomorrow, but I never got it. I wanted to speak to the manager but he only comes to the hotel when all the business travellers are working out. On my third request I asked the reception lady that can you please confirm whether it can be arranged or not as I can buy it from a near by shop. She assured me that I will get it, but I never got it...

Other than that the hotel was ok

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank farhangul
Reviewed April 22, 2008

This is our third April in a row staying here and we have not been disappointed yet.

We were fortunate enough to stay in a nice suite this time. The room was clean, spacious as expected, and a crib was waiting for us as requested.

Hotel service was terrific. Staff members were helpful when making our reservation. Sheets were brought to our room immediately upon request. And when I had a question about the room temperature, an employee was nice enough to walk me through the steps of adjusting the thermostat. They also called me back in 15 minutes to make sure the problem was solved.

The breakfast is more than adequate and the food area is clean and well-maintained. Coffee is available throughout the day, as well as popcorn, which was a nice treat.

I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. We'll be back next April!

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank HarrisMaryland
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel for several years and have always been happy until the last year. The general condition of the property has gone down.We had the cleaning staff banging loudly on the door and woke us up.The maid let hisself in without knocking and found my mother undressed. The staff in the lobby sat talking and watching tv. All vending machines in hotel were sold out for the length of stay. There was no regular sugar for coffee and cereal for two days. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank jamieclaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frazer
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
#2 of 9 in Exton
9 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Holiday Inn Express Frazer - Malvern

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern? Share your experiences!