“Good Italian, come with an appetite”
Review of Primo Barone's

Primo Barone's
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Italian
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Good Italian, come with an appetite”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We come here a few time a year and the food is always very good. Too much to eat at once, so stop short and save room for desert. The service could be a little faster. Get a window seat and watcht the private plances take off and land while enjoying a bottle of wine.

• Visited May 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“Best in Franklin, But not Quite Four Stars”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Sevice is good and everyone friendly at this kind of a brew pub restaurant located at the airport in Franklin, Pa. You honestlly do not have a lot of choices in Franklin, and I believe this one is your best choice. Better than the Yellow Dog up in Oil City and surely better than others in Franklin.
The menu features Italian cooking, with entrees reasonably priced. I had the swordfish over linguini, and it was passable. Remember, I am a Chicago guy, so judging by Chicago standards. We took nine guests and each one seemed to like their entrees except for the couple steaks, which were overdone. We ordered many appetizers, and all were ok, ranging from shrimp to a kind of seafood platter, to stuffed mushrooms which actually were pretty good. The beer selection on draft is good, and you can watch little planes come and go as an added benefit. Deserts were house made and very good, ranging from Tiramisu, to deep fried cheesecake ( yes, I am afraid it was deep fried).
Overall, I would defiintely go back to this place. The server knew what she was doing, had good recommendations to keep you out of trouble, and the cook did OK, especially given there were nine of us.
My friend who paid the bill and was a bit out of it, and left a ten percent tip, but hopefully the next day the waitress got the other 10 percent we left wiith our local friends. She was really good and deserved more!
ZB

• Visited May 2012
Cleveland
“Great Return Visit”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Had a chance to introduce two friends to Primo's yesterday. I was taking a couple of guys for their first flight in a "little" airplane, so we flew to Franklin, PA for lunch at Primo Barone's, located right on the ramp at Venango Regional Airport. It's one of my wife's favorite fly-in restaurants so I hoped my passengers would enjoy it. Short version - great flight and a great meal! Service was good, food was excellent and as always, the portions were plentiful - I'm a big eater and still had enough left over for my lunch today! I had the Fra Divolo (spicy and flavorful), Keith had linguine with red clam sauce and Jeff had the sampler platter. Both reported enjoying their meals very much. Plus, if you are a pilot or a fan of aviation, you have got to love the view!

• Visited April 2012
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“Not a fan”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went here several years ago for our first wedding anniversary and were very disappointed with the poor service and even more poor quality food. Would not recommend.

Visited February 2012

Been to Primo Barone's? Share your experiences!