“Buyers Beware- If you have to cancel your reservation, make sure you keep your cancellation number.”

Knights Inn Franklin
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I booked this hotel to anticipate a stay in June. I called a week in advance to cancel the reservation because I knew I couldn't make the stay. I received my credit card statement a month later and was charged a one night stay from the hotel. After speaking with the General Manager of the hotel who told me I did not cancel (which I know I called and did) I was referred to Super 8 Customer Service which was HORRIBLE. Neither the customer service deparment (including management of the customer service department) nor the hotel management was empathetic in any way. I was told by the customer service department that my stay was cancelled by the hotel as a no call/no show and without a cancellation number there was nothing they could do. I even had issues with the management saying she was at the presidential level and I could not take my concern any further- she was the top of the chain. No apologies were expressed to me even though customer service said the "hotel said I was a no show". It was almost as if it was my word against the hotel's. So the concept of "the customer being right" is not even considered with this hotel chain. I then did some research myself and called the coroporate communications department to express my concerns that I have with the customer service department AND the entire situation and was told someone would "reach out to me" but it is now 4 days later and I still have not heard anything. The principal of the matter is I know I called to cancel the hotel reservation. If I'm going to these lengths to have my voice heard, then a simple phone call to cancel a stay when I knew I wouldn't be able to make it is a drop in the hat. In all of my travels, I have never, ever, experienced such lack of customer service and professionalism with a company. A charge of a one night stay has cost this company for me to never book my personal travels or business travels with their hotel chain/group again.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandynnn

Reviewed July 24, 2006

went as chaperone for baseball team. manager booked rooms and stated before trip that motel staff was friendly and helpful.
I arrived late in the evening due to other engagements and team was mostly settled for the night and I did not have any time to
look around. bathrooms were SPOTLESS. bed was firm.
enough room for 3 large teenagers and myself in room. not a lot, but enough for short stay.(extra sink in room was welcome addition).
beds were comfortable and firm - and appeared to be clean also.
bkfst choices were limited compared to other places i've stayed, but adequate (in line w/ price point of motel)
in am, staff was friendly and not overwhelmed when 12 teen aged ballplayers went to the small lobby to get bkfst.
left motel by 8am, but overall impression was good.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank PHARMHAND
wynfranklin, Manager at Knights Inn Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Quality Inn and Conference Center
Days Inn Oil City Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Titusville

Been to Knights Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Franklin

Address: 847 Allegheny Blvd, Route 8 & 2 Mile Run Road, Franklin, PA 16323-6223 (Formerly Super 8 Franklin)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Franklin
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Price Range: $43 - $72 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Knights Inn Franklin 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Knights Inn Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Franklin