“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Wood-Ridge, NJ
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Good location for folks visiting Knoebels Amusement Park, about 30 minutes away, but the nicest hotel in that area. Love that there's a Cracker Barrel right across the parking lot!! The front desk clerk was fantastic and offered us a kids free entree coupon for Cracker Barrel when she heard we hadn't eaten dinner yet at check-in. The room was a little cramped, but about the size you'd expect for a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was very clean and has a exercise room with jacuzzi as well as a breakfast nook. I wish they had free coffee/tea 24x7, but it looks like it's only during breakfast hours. Like most Holiday Inn's these days, all the rooms have clearly labeled soft and firm pillows, which is a nice touch. Very nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rodyk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I was very road weary. It was late, after midnight. The man Tom behind the desk showed absolutely no personality. I asked a question and he told me I was on my own pretty much. I asked him to immediately charge my debit card to avoid the holds my bank will put on it. He could easily do this with deposits paid. He said he could not. The room was only fair, it was quite clean, but only fair. If I find myself too tired to drive in Frackville again, I will find another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 3, 2010

It's infested with rabbits and groundhogs to start with. I'm a gold member and I've stayed at a LOT of hotels. I've stayed at Super 8's better than this place. I left a very sentimental object at this hotel. I called promptly the next morning to ask about it only to be rudely informed that it had been thrown away. Now if I was a housekeeper and I found ANYTHING in a room that was not there before the guest arrived, I would keep it for at least a day or two. I called back to ask if the garbage had been picked up and the lady answering the phone didn't even go check. She immediately said, "Oh yes. It's been picked up".
I have two more weeks of travel that I'm stuck at this place. But if you can pick anywhere besides here to stay you'd be doing yourself a favor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Mascoutah, IL
Reviewed June 27, 2010

New hotel with very friendly staff. Very good hot breakfast, well stocked and refreshed as needed. Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to parking lot.
Went to Knoebels amusement park--no admission fee, plenty of rides for young children, a couple of roller coasters, and you can bring your dog! Took clerk's recommendation to visit nearby Pottsville, the Yuengling brewery and Maroons restaurant. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2009

In brief: This is a fantastic hotel. We stayed here for one night. Check-in was quick. Everyone was friendly. Soup was offered at dinnertime. Room was clean. Beds comfy. Exceptional breakfast. If we come through this way again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Quiet, comfortable, great staff, wonderful breakfast, large room, comfortable beds, immaculately clean, plenty of light. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Definitely exceeded expectations. Would most definitely stay here again!

Yeungling brewery a few miles away has great tours. If you stay in Frackville be sure to go!

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Watertown, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We were on our way to Philadephia to a Phillies game from NY and stopped in Frackville for a rest from driving. We called ahead booked our room a few hours before arrival. Check in was fast and efficient and the clerk was very friendly. He answered any questions we had. We were given two complimentary bottles for water because we're Priority Club Rewards members. We were also to take advantage of the coffee/tea/juice station that also provided fresh fruit. Very nice and clean! We then went up to our room in a sparkling elevator. The room was spotless and included a microwave and small refrigerator. I'm very particular about cleanliness and it exceeded my expectations. The following morning we were delighted to learn about the variety at the complimentary breakfast.... scrambled egges, sausage, bacon, cinnamon buns, small omlets, cereals, breads, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, juices, coffee, tea etc. We were very impressed at the selection! There were staff members there cleaning and replenishing the whole time we were there. All of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great stay in Frackville, PA! I absolutely recommend this Holiday Inn to any traveler! It's a relaxing, clean and worry-free stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Ramada Pottsville
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!