“Do not leave anything at this place...”

Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Reviewed July 3, 2010

It's infested with rabbits and groundhogs to start with. I'm a gold member and I've stayed at a LOT of hotels. I've stayed at Super 8's better than this place. I left a very sentimental object at this hotel. I called promptly the next morning to ask about it only to be rudely informed that it had been thrown away. Now if I was a housekeeper and I found ANYTHING in a room that was not there before the guest arrived, I would keep it for at least a day or two. I called back to ask if the garbage had been picked up and the lady answering the phone didn't even go check. She immediately said, "Oh yes. It's been picked up".
I have two more weeks of travel that I'm stuck at this place. But if you can pick anywhere besides here to stay you'd be doing yourself a favor.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 27, 2010

New hotel with very friendly staff. Very good hot breakfast, well stocked and refreshed as needed. Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to parking lot.
Went to Knoebels amusement park--no admission fee, plenty of rides for young children, a couple of roller coasters, and you can bring your dog! Took clerk's recommendation to visit nearby Pottsville, the Yuengling brewery and Maroons restaurant. Great stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

In brief: This is a fantastic hotel. We stayed here for one night. Check-in was quick. Everyone was friendly. Soup was offered at dinnertime. Room was clean. Beds comfy. Exceptional breakfast. If we come through this way again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Quiet, comfortable, great staff, wonderful breakfast, large room, comfortable beds, immaculately clean, plenty of light. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Definitely exceeded expectations. Would most definitely stay here again!

Yeungling brewery a few miles away has great tours. If you stay in Frackville be sure to go!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We were on our way to Philadephia to a Phillies game from NY and stopped in Frackville for a rest from driving. We called ahead booked our room a few hours before arrival. Check in was fast and efficient and the clerk was very friendly. He answered any questions we had. We were given two complimentary bottles for water because we're Priority Club Rewards members. We were also to take advantage of the coffee/tea/juice station that also provided fresh fruit. Very nice and clean! We then went up to our room in a sparkling elevator. The room was spotless and included a microwave and small refrigerator. I'm very particular about cleanliness and it exceeded my expectations. The following morning we were delighted to learn about the variety at the complimentary breakfast.... scrambled egges, sausage, bacon, cinnamon buns, small omlets, cereals, breads, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, juices, coffee, tea etc. We were very impressed at the selection! There were staff members there cleaning and replenishing the whole time we were there. All of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great stay in Frackville, PA! I absolutely recommend this Holiday Inn to any traveler! It's a relaxing, clean and worry-free stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Typical H-Inn Express although the breakfast was sub-par even for H-Inn Express. Over priced really for what it is. I stayed there several days and had no issues. Front desk staff were friendly but I heard from another guest that you don't want to get on the wrong side of the manager. The internet service was spotty on the 3rd floor. BUT, it is right across a small parking lot to the Cracker Barrell. SO you don't have to eat the wierd looking omlet things they put out if you don't want to:)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel twice about a month apart from each other. My only complaint was on my first stay, I was on the first floor and every time the heater came on, there was a loud click. It woke me up every time. I told the front desk the next morning and was promptly moved to another room on the second floor. The heater was still loud, but did not turn on as often. My second stay in a different room on the second floor was about the same. I wound up over heating the room before bed and then turned the heat down so it did not turn on during the night. The room was chilly, but not bad by the morning even though temperatues outside were in the teens. The staff was very friendly and helpful during both of my stays. The free breakfast was pretty good for what it was. Besides the heater, the rooms were very quiet and clean.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn & Suites Barnesville - Frackville
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!