Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Fort Motel(Orwigsburg)
Pine's Motel(Tamaqua)
Residence Inn Hazleton(Hazleton)
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelhot soupmovie theatercheck in was quickrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancenice place to stayfridge and microwaveshort drivethe breakfast arearooms are cleanbed was comfortablecookiesfree breakfastinterstatehbohie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Typical Holiday Inn Express with ok rooms that were quite clean. the hotel was very quiet, the bed a little uncomfortable, and the internet a bit slow. The price was somewhat high for a hotel without a pool/hot tub. But there was an awesome Cracker Barrel right across the parking lot. I don't frequent Cracker Barrel, but I did get a nice salad there, and the people were so friendly.
the breakfast at the hotel was actually pretty good and free! Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and all the other stuff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hoyaalum
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks for the review. We are working on the slow internet issue. I'm happy you had to stay with us and enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, however, we were very impressed with their Customer Service. From the time I made my reservation (by phone) to our check out it was great. We had a special request and they fulfilled it without any problem. We needed to check in earlier than the 3 p.m. check in so we could meet with our Daughter ... they had our room ready by Noon. When we walked in they welcomed us with a friendly smile. The room was very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable. We got back to the hotel around 10 p.m. and they welcomed us and gave us directions for our start home the next morning. When we left at 5:45 a.m., the man at the front desk offered us coffee, fruit etc. to take with us. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were only there one night, so we can not give any recommendations. We were on the first floor, and it was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy K
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

It's our pleasure to make your stay comfortable and safe. Sharing a review like this with the staff is always wonderful! Thank you, and we hope your stay with us next time will be a bit longer.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We looked at the other hotels in the area. Absolute nothing there that I would stay 1 minute, much less 4 days. The hotel was very clean. The staff polite and helpful. The breakfast was very tasty. We left at 4 am and Tom (at front desk) make fresh coffee and brought out cinnamon rolls for us to eat before we left.
We plan to stay there again on the next trip to visit relatives in St. Clair, PA.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Martha R
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Guest comments like yours encourage the staff to want to continue to provide good customer service.. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your future stay.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We received a warm welcome from the front desk and they gave us good dinner recomendations and directions. The rooms were clean, the bath room a little dated but again clean. The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard with the usual fare. All in all pretty much what we you would expect from a Holiday Inn express, however the staff that we encountered was very friendly, courteous and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anybody traveling as a good place to rest your head. A tip is that you might want a higher floor room as the ceilings are rather thin.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mid-atlantic-usa
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I am very pleased you had a warm welcome and enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share this with the staff. We have several great restaurants in the area. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you need a place to crash. Then that's all this place is good for. The hotel smelled very musty,outdated. The staff unpleasant. The rooms were cleaned every day. The breakfast was awful. The beds very,very uncomfortable. The pillows were also very uncomfortable. The pictures that I seen online,were different than in person. You did not hear any noise,traffic or people coming of the elevator while you were sleeping. There were more bad stuff than good stuff about this hotel. Frankly it was like flushing money down the toilet. I WILL NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bathroom door opens toward the tub/shower. That was a pain in the butt.

Room Tip: If your looking for a place that has a pool, keep looking. The rooms very small. It took the A/C a long time to get the room comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I am really sorry your perception of our hotel is so poor. My staff is USUALLY quite pleasant so I will definitely discuss this review with them.

Our beds were new in 2011 and are flipped quarterly. As for the pillows, all Holiday Inn Express hotels will be getting new pillows as there have been many complaints about them.

I do believe my staff explained to you that not all Express hotels have swimming pools. Since the new ADA laws of 2013 we had to take out the Jacuzzi as we did not have enough space to accommodate a lift. This is unfortunate but the facts.

I personally feel the photos on our website are quite accurate or our parent company would insist on them being changed. We are inspected unannounced and my staff and I do our best to provide a clean, safe hotel for our guests.