Foxburg Inn
$49
Motel 6
$95
QualityInn
All reviewspizza shopallegheny rivergranola barsfirst floorallegheny grillechicken marsalagreat view of the rivernephew's weddingromantic getawaybike trailhome basecoffee makerchain hotelsgreat weekendroom was largemuffinssuite
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Resting where the Clarion and Allegheny rivers converge, Foxburg is nestled between the mountains and rises above the fog. Coming down the hill into Foxburg is reminiscent of approaching Brigadoon. A step back into a time of relaxation from a very active world. The Foxburg Inn has this lovely deck which sits right on the river. I have sat for hours casting my cares upon the water and watching the current take them away. I always comeback refreshed and recalibrated from time spent there.
It can be a romantic get away, a friends meeting spot, or a single person's respite. This inn reflects the town in the personal connections that can be made or the visitors choice of anonymity.
I have held business meetings here. Who said that business must be in walls without windows? There is nothing like getting things done with a view of trees, mountains, water and wildlife.
This Inn is my go to place to work, enjoy and escape. - Just like Brigadoon.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms with a beautiful view of the river and mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Always enjoy a weekend at Foxburg, super nice area with lots to do and enjoy! The River is great especially sitting on the beautiful deck with friends! Super nice hotel with great views! Take advantage of the pontoon boat ride, very cool! Enjoyed the winery across the street forvthe afternoon and early evening! Fun time!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on th first level for easy access to the great river view deck!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Josephine S
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here one night on August 10-11 in a ground floor room overlooking the garden area. The hotel grounds are nice and we'll kept. The room was very musty so we immediately turned on the ac unit, which did help. The room was large and clean with a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The only complaint I had was that the water in the shower was not very hot, just warm. We ate at the restaurant next door and were not impressed .

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunnytan1215
Reviewed August 4, 2014

First let me start by saying I spend on average around 175-225 nights a year in hotels across the US and Canada, mostly related to business travel. I rarely post negative reviews, as I try and keep my energy positive, but I feel as though people should strongly consider calling this hotel prior to booking a weekend stay, to ask if a Friday or Saturday wedding is scheduled at the Inn. My wife and I stayed here Friday August 1st, 2014. We checked in around 1030pm, and the first thing I noticed was a very strong smell of must in our ground floor room. If I were to stay here again, I'd request a second level room or higher. We could hear live music from our room, and decided to go to the Foxburg Restaurant just next door for a night cap, and happened to run into another couple we knew. We enjoyed some great wine, before calling it a night around 1130pm. That's when it got really CRAZY! Once we returned to our room, there was a full blown, out of control alcohol type frat party going on in the courtyard just outside our room. Being 11:30pm, I decided to give it another 30 minutes thinking hotel security would quiet it down around midnight. Well, apparently the Foxburg Inn has no security, as the party just got louder, and loude, with women screaming, and men howling at the moon! Around 1am, I had enough, I opened our second door to the river area, and saw young men and women in clearly advanced stages of inebriation, and dress, playing music with the volume as loud as it would go, dancing, screaming, and vomiting, all over the place! I called the little old lady at the front desk, for the number to the State Police, and she seemed SURPISED a party was even going on? Apparently her hearing aide was turned off. She assured me, she could take care of the situation, or she would call her manager. Well, the party did seem to quiet down SLIGHTLY, but within 30 minutes, the freak show was back on! I made a second call to the front desk, and I believe I may have woken the old gal up, as she was a little confused as to why I was calling? I again explained, that there was an out of control party, at her hotel, at what was now well after 2:30am! Again she seemed surprised? The Foxburg Inn is a beautiful property, and probably a great place to stay, when a wedding is not on the property. At the very least, I believe we should have been warned of the potential for mayhem before booking, as we would have chosen a local bed & breakfast.

Room Tip: Wifi reception and speed very slow, and choppy at ground floor level, room 106.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TodVogelsang
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed in one of the suites. The room was furnished nicely. Our room had a door to the deck over looking the river. It was a nice view and it was a cool evening, so we enjoyed sitting on the deck. The bathroom had a large jet tub, large enough for two, and a separate shower. It also had a microwave and a small refrigerator. We enjoyed the stay, except for the bed, it was not very comfortable for my wife or myself. Overall, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose the Suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple