“Hotel on the river..”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Foxburg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxburg
Foxburg Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Foxburg B&B and Inns
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Hotel on the river..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stay at this hotel when want a close getaway. We usually golf, go to nearby winery,and relax with dinner. The Inn is very nice, clean and comfortable..Some of the rooms view the river others view a garden..I definitely will stay there every time..The only negative is that I think it is pricey for a room with no amenities..NO pool..NO fitness center..NO complimentary breakfast buffet..They are the only hotel in that remote area...A little competition would be welcome..

Room Tip: Ask for a" river view" room..There was only a "garden view" available, which are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelgolfr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding, my husband was a groomsmen so we stayed for 2 nights. I called earlier in the week to see if there was any way for us to check in early so our 4 month old could get settled before the rehearsal. I was told they "couldn't accommodate" that request. Their suggestion was to pay for Thursday night so we could get in when we wanted Friday. He went on with hisamy reasons as to why he can't help me and even said "I'm not trying to be rude" - something someone days when they're obviously being rude.Ridiculous! Needless to say we got there at 3 (check in time) and rushed around. Unfortunately my cranky baby paid the price.

I've slept in a more comfortable bed at a holiday inn.

And this is the biggest slap in the face... The groom stayed with his friend the night before in the suite next to us. As they were getting ready FOR HIS WEDDING they missed house keeping. So, on the way TO HIS WEDDING he asked the front desk if they could send someone down to clean the room for him and his bride that night. He was told that they couldn't accommodate that request either bc the cleaning crew had already left. They gave him fresh towels. They sure made his day special.

The location and views are beautiful, the rooms are ok. And as long as you don't have special requests I think you'd probably have a decent stay

Oh and their idea of a continental breakfast "served in your room" was granola bars and old looking muffins. Not sure how long they'd been in there. Again, I've had better at a holiday inn.

We were completely disappointed with the service.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank StephRod23
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this Inn for one evening after golfing in Foxburg and had a relaxing and enjoyable time. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had a beautiful view of the Allegheny River. There was a great restaurant and bar (very clean and classy) located near the property which provided a great meal, entertainment, and an all around great night with friends and locals. We will definetly return.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a beautiful view of the Allegheny River. Not sure if all rooms have a view of th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oil City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

A very good friend gives us a gift certificate every year at Christmas for a night's stay at the Foxburg Inn in a suite; this was our third stay. The room is always very clean; the refrigerator has complimentary water, muffins for breakfast and snack bars, along with the usual coffee and tea. There is also a small microwave in the room. There are two recliners which face the flat screen TV and gas log fireplace. The view of the Allegheny River is beautiful. The bathroom is large, with a two person tub/jacuzzi. This was the only thing we had a problem with this stay; after filling the tub with water and turning the jets on, there was a rusty/brown scum that began to cover the sides of the tub. When I turned the jets off, it was floating on the water. We mentioned it to the person at the desk when we were checking out and he said the jets might need cleaning. He offered a 20% discount, but since we used a gift certificate, this was not possible. He said he was going to speak to the other manager and see what he could do, but we never heard back from him, which was okay. Our main reason for telling him about it was so the next person using the tub didn't have the same experience I did.

Room Tip: The corner suite on the third floor has two large windows - great view up and across the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ZZMorgan
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here midweek in January. I think I may have been the only guest in the whole inn. I took in the wine cellar across the street. I had a nice meal at the restaurant next door. I did the double room for 129.00. The room was very clean and had free wireless internet. I had a muffin and coffee for breakfast. I wish I had more time to explore Foxburg. It seems like a beautiful town. If you a looking for a safe alternative to the chain hotels on I-80 corridor. Step off the beaten path and check out the Foxburg Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GravyBoatr
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Foxburg Inn for our nephew's wedding - held at the adjacent Allegheny Grill. We had not planned to stay but happily, we did, rather than drive to Pittsburgh as originally planned. The room was very nice and comfortable with an amazing view of the Allegheny River from our room. The king bed was extremely comfortable - good pillows - and great water pressure. The setting is amazing, we had snow and the small village setting was complete with lit trees. It was too cold to stay outside too long but I wanted to completely experience the magical setting...perfect for a Christmas season wedding, so I walked around a little in the snow. The next morning most of the wedding party met up at the pizza place next door where we had an enormous breakfast, which was also very good. Our family said we wanted to make a visit to the Foxburg Inn a holiday tradition, it was so warm and welcoming on all fronts, including the kitty ambassador in the lobby! We felt it was a good price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Rooms are spacious, clean and pretty up to date . Hotel staff are very helpful and go out of their way to be accommodating. It is a small hotel - in a small town with winery and restaurant
Great place for parties and events - there was a wedding there during our stay - river views from all the rooms and the town in very quaint.
Be sure to say hello to the siamese cat - who is part of the team - and sleeps on a soft chair in the lobby!

Room Tip: all rooms have a river view - 3 floors - we stayed on the 3rd floor and had a great view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
#1 of 9 in Clarion
Motel 6 Barkeyville
Motel 6 Barkeyville
#1 of 2 in Harrisville

Been to Foxburg Inn? Share your experiences!