“Quaint hotel with fabuous views”
Review of Foxburg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxburg
Foxburg Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Foxburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Rooms are spacious, clean and pretty up to date . Hotel staff are very helpful and go out of their way to be accommodating. It is a small hotel - in a small town with winery and restaurant
Great place for parties and events - there was a wedding there during our stay - river views from all the rooms and the town in very quaint.
Be sure to say hello to the siamese cat - who is part of the team - and sleeps on a soft chair in the lobby!

Room Tip: all rooms have a river view - 3 floors - we stayed on the 3rd floor and had a great view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed here now for our anniversay 2 years in a row. We splurge and get a room with a fireplace and Jacuzzi for 2. The room we get opens up onto the deck just overlooking the Clarion River. The Allegheny Grille is footsteps from the Inn. There are so many things you can do while there, such as taking a river cruise on a pontoon boat, exploring the woods or the mansion on a segway tour, or just chillin at the bar at the Grille or on the deck. There is a little winery across the street, and a pizza place that serves an excellent breakfast and a chocolatier that has excellent chocolate down the street. The accomodations are clean, comfortable and the staff at the Inn are friendly and willing to accomodate your needs. I highly recommend this place for a special getaway for 2. You will not regret it. And you will want to come back :)

Room Tip: get a room that has a door that opens right onto the deck, its' really cool to sit out in the su...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaVidMal
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Foxburg Inn sits along the river like a castle. It is, as it were, the castle keep, while about it are the restaurant, coffee shop, wine shop and chocolate shop. The Inn itself is clean and accomodating. We stayed in a corner suite and had a commanding view of the river. The gas log fireplace quickly warmed the room. The bathroom is large with shower and jacuzzi. The staff was very helpful and friendly. My one constructive criticism of the inn is the rather small lobby. But perhaps, the attraction is really the river and the trails, so the lack of a proper lobby is excusable. Next door is the restaurant where the food is reasonably priced and well done-- but I save that for a separate review. The point of the title is to convey that the Inn really is an island in the midst of countryside. If you like river sports, hiking, biking or golfing then this is the place for you. The landscaping is done very well with a mixture of stone, fern and water. Well worth the time to inspect and enjoy.

Room Tip: If you would prefer a deck from your room take the first floor-- be forewarned however that the deck...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here two nights in August. It wasn't our first stay, nor will it be our last. The king room was spacious and very clean, but the best part was the view of the river from our window. We always enjoy wine tasting at the wine shop right across the parking lot and stopping in the candy store for some good chocolate. While we were in the chocolate shop the owner was feeding her baby some fresh acorn squash, which added to the down home atmosphere. If you ride bikes, be sure and ride the rail trail that starts in Emlenton and follows the Allegheny River for about 30 miles. Next visit we want to rent kayaks, which are available right beside the Foxburg Inn. The pizza shop has a great breakfast at a very reasonable price to get your day started!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayaker201
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Check in for us was a breeze. They do ask for your credit card. But I completely understand why. The staff was gracious enough to let my parents check in prior to us arriving and completing the transaction. We appreciated that they did not have my parents wait in the lobby until we arrived.
The room was clean and to our amazement quit roomy. They have a 4 cup coffee pot and provide you with coffee filters and coffee/creamer/sugar. Free bottle water, muffins and granola bars in the small fridge. The bathroom was large enough and very clean.They give you plenty of towels. We stayed the 3rd floor, which was our choice becauce it was quieter and the view was amazing.
They helped make our nephew and our new niece's wedding gorgeous! The food was very good, the staff was right on track. Special Arrangements from New Castle did the flowers and decorating. It was simply amazing.
We ate breakfast at the pizza shop next door. The eggs were good. The pancakes were nothing to write home about. But all and all very good service. And not to pricey.
The winery next door has some good blends. The Merlot was very good. The sweeter wines are not our favorite, but we did here very good compliments.
We were shocked to see such a hidden gem in the middle of a very small town.
Thank you to the Foxburg Inn for making a joyess weekend even more special.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor. The 2nd floor has the patio right off your rooms and the privacy level is not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kimmarlin
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was a wonderful, clean hotel. I only had one concern. The lady that checked me in, her name was Tracy. She said she was new therefore I was trying to be patient but it was frustrating because she seemed to know NOTHING about her job or the hotel it's self. It took her three times to tell me where my room was ( it was one floor down on the elevator) and she did not know how to run my credit card so she attempted to make a copy of it until I stopped her. Why on earth would you need a copy of my card? She got rude and nasty when I asked her this, finally there were papers to be signed at check in and she shoved them in my face and said to sign saying I agree to pay my bill and check out at 11:00am. After getting done with all of this the rest of my stay was great but the first impression is difficult to get over.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were staying here while celebrating our 50th anniversary. Foxburg Inn is a comfortable and clean hotel overlooking the Allegheny River. Check-in takes a while due to their procedure of making a copy of "everything" in your wallet. (You would think a credit card would work) . We had a King since the suites were all booked for a wedding party (The fellow checking in ahead of me was working his way thru check-in of 5 or 6 rooms.). The gratis breakfast "Continental" consisted of a muffin and coffee in your room. Ate next door at the pizza shop for $22 . A very popular place in that resevations are suggested 6 weeks in advance for a week-end. Also, the Inn is right next to the Allegeheny Grille.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thee_whiz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
Hampton Inn Clarion
#2 of 9 in Clarion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarion
Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
#4 of 9 in Clarion
#1 of 1 in Barkeyville

Been to Foxburg Inn? Share your experiences!