“I'm a Regular”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I'm a Regular”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've been purchase wine from the Foxburg Wine Cellars for years. I've sampled them all. Prefer the sweet wines with blueberry blush being my favorite followed closely by cran-grape which I believe is seasonal. It's a tiny shop with lots of wine accessories and clothing items. I've not ever stay for long, usually just long enough to grab my favorites and go, but with the restaurant, hotel, chocolate shop and various tours available nearby I can see where it could be a destination place for someone who didn't live less than 30 mins away. I don' think you'd be disappointed. Fall may be the best time to visit.

Visited March 2014

Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice oasis”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I wasn't particularly fond of the wines, but that is just a matter of taste. I still took a bottle ot two home. It was a nice stop along the way to enjoy some refreshment in the outdoors.

Visited September 2013
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foxburg Winery”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Would it hurt for the employees at this winery to smile. Or act like they were glad people stopped in. The winery was okay but they need to get some employees with a little personality!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DaveJ4620XW
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great wine. Unfriendly employee.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Quaint little shop. Great wine. Beautiful setting. Very unfriendly employee. She barely spoke to us and offered no information when we asked questions.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Julie508
Port Clinton, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Finished up the Groundhog Wine Trail with this winery on our way back west. What a nice surprise! We had no idea that this winery was situated where it was and that it was surrounded by quaint shops & such. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wine was very good and no charge for tastings. Nice dry wines. I don't know about the sweet or semi-sweet ones as I don't try those. We found it a shame that we didn't have more time to enjoy the outdoor seating area. I highly recommend dropping by for a taste or two. Open 7 days a week.

Visited August 2013