“Best hotel in Fort Washington so far.”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fort Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is basically the only full service hotel in Fort Washington. Staff is great. Room could use a deep cleaning and I wish the exercise room wasn't for all to see from the parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Star I:
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Washington. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked out team members.
We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our over all guest experience.
Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My daugther and I stayed for just one quick night while visiting colleges in the area and were very happy with this hotel. Large clean rooms, clean pool and hot tub area and the woman at the desk with the beautiful smile gave us breakfast coupons the next morning. If my daughter attends Arcadia U, this is the hotel we will stay at every time. DB from Sparta, NJ.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Dee B:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Booked some rooms here for a family event (off-property). I am obviously a big Hilton fan, but my in-laws have never experienced Hilton recently and never HGI.

Rooms were fantastically clean, friendly staff, easy location to points north of Philly - right next to Rt.309, Rt.73, PA Turnpike, and not far from Plymouth Meeting, Willow Grove, and King of Prussia.

Since I have been to HGI before, I wanted to share my in-laws thoughts. Typically, beds are their number one complaint - usually too soft. They LOVED the adjustable mattress and that my father in-law could make it nearly un-compressible firm; my mother in-law liked that she could make her side firm, but not as much as his side. They also loved the morning make your own breakfast and the checkout (zip-out was new to them).

They so enjoyed their stay they signed up for HHonors before they left! Kudos Ft. Washington HGI for impressing picky people!

Room Tip: Join HHonors for rewards and upgrades. No stellar window views - debatable, but Rt.309 side view is...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank originalXfactor
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear originalXfactor:
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
I am glad you had an overall good experience at our hotel. We think we’re in a great location – and our guests love our proximity to the surroundings areas.
Thanks so much for helping us spread the word about our Garden Sleep System beds. They are very comfortable and indeed have the ability to be adjusted for every guest. I personally like a more firm mattress, but my husband prefers the bed be a little softer—good thing there are 2 controls on the bed!
We’re so glad you noticed our housekeeping efforts. Our executive housekeeper really has been motivating her team to reach new heights in cleanliness. And, we rank in the top 10% of Hilton Garden Inns nationally in cleanliness. We’re glad you noticed!
Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks,

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Registered for a room with a King Size bed and got a room with 2 queens. The front desk said "No, you registered for a room with 2 queens." So I brought them my confirmation to prove them wrong. We asked to have a room on the first floor with a King Size bed and were told "there were no room available on the first floor with a king size bed." Later that day, we asked again and were given a room on the first floor with a king size bed...so clearly, they lied. The room we were put into next had a broken A.C unit, TV didn't work at times, and the sheets had a stench that was unbearable. Our friend also had to switch his room because of his broken A.C. unit and was moved right next to us on the first floor. Remember, they told us "we don't have any rooms on the first floor with a king size bed." So this proves that they lied because 2 rooms magically appeared to be vacant on the first floor...I don't think so. Now, my friend found a mouse in the new room. We then moved up to the 3rd floor and spent the next night there. So 2 nights, we moved to 3 rooms and all the front desk offered us was a free breakfast...never coming here again. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christopher J
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms and your experience at the front desk. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.
The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur.
We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Thanks, Shaheerah Bey

Reviewed March 10, 2012

While not impressed, I had no problem with my stay at this hotel. This is not one of the newer, sleek looking Hilton Garden Inns. A total renovation would be nice. However, it was perfectly clean. The bathroom met expectations. The room itself was very large. I would consider the room larger than average for a mid-scale hotel. The refrigerator and microwave set up were very convenient. The beds were awful. Both my friend and I woke up in pain. The front desk staff were excellent. Overall, I would not stay here again simply because the beds were so awful. However, if large basic rooms with free fridge/micro are important to you, this hotel may be worth considering.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank csj81
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear csj81:
Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of our hotel. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their jobs and our executive housekeeper works tirelessly to keep the staff motivated. I’ll be sure to pass this along to them during the next team meeting.
We would like to let you know that we are completing a renovation to our entire first floor with new carpeting in all public areas including the lobby and restaurant. The renovations also include new lobby and restaurant furniture and lighting and is scheduled to be completed by mid April 2012.
I’m so sorry you didn’t get a good night’s sleep on our Garden Sleep System bed. Were you aware it is adjustable to your personal setting? The dial is on the side of the bed. We encourage our front desk staff to tell you about the bed dial at check in. We hope the next time you are in Fort Washington you will give us another shot. We think it will be one of the best night’s sleep you’ve ever gotten!
Thanks, Shaheerah Bey

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I love staying here whenever we visit family in philadelphia! the staff is friendly, offer smiles, cookies, and just overall helpful! the rooms are nice, clean, modern and spacious! its pretty quiet, too. must have a lot of business professionals because no one is disruptive at all. the lobby is very attractive and provides cozy seating and tv for folks to chill out! internet connection was great too. i highly recommend this location and will be staying here next time we are in philly!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Washington! So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton Garden Inn hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon. Shaheerah Bey, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel is in a tricky location, with alot of connecting roads, once you get the lay of the land you appreciate the location, just be careful.

The rooms are very clean and quiet. We were near the elevator and still didn't hear any noise. It appears to be used heavily as a business hotel. The business center was great and never busy.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic, I LOVED the Banana chocolate waffles. The chef remembered me from the second day on.

The pool and jacuzzi just reopened and they open at 5am. Staff is very accomodating. It was a great stay. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Shaheerah B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction, especially the breakfast buffet! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Washington in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Washington
Best Western Fort Washington Inn
#3 of 3 in Fort Washington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Chestnut Hill
Chestnut Hill Hotel
Chestnut Hill Hotel
#19 of 87 in Philadelphia
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington? Share your experiences!