“Wonderful stay, big room, very confortable bed!”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fort Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here only one night and just to sleep.
The room and bathroom were very clean. We stayed in a double non-smoking room; the room was really big and the beds were so comfortable that we didn't want to wake up. I loved the fridge and microwave station, with coffe maker. I wish we stayed longer!
This room was reserved and paid for by a friend so we cannot really review check-in, value, or service. Our friend checked us in, and we didn't deal with staff at all, besides greetings. In term of value i didn't research prices around to compare.
Overall it was a nice stay!

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We just hosted a bat mitzvah party at the hotel for 120 people, and also lodged our guests here. The staff worked hard and paid attention to detail in a way that made my daughter’s bat mitzvah weekend a roaring success. I know they were challenged by the recent flood, but through it all they were attentive and timely and understood what we were trying to accomplish at the event. The cake and balloons looked great. Erica did a great job with the food, everyone commented on how good it was ( especially the salmon)and it was abundant and well displayed as well. Tammy and Jeannine were phenomenal at understanding what we were going for and making sure it happened. All the other staff (servers, bartender) were friendly and efficient. The breakfast was a really enjoyable social time with great food for everyone. I didn’t hear any complaints about the hotel, and our guests were all happy and comfortable and enjoyed the convenience of having the party at the accommodation site. I will definitely recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to my peers who are planning similar events

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very convenient to the turnpike. They are updating the hotel so the gym was not open. Large clean rooms. Good maid service. Enjoyed our stay and would use this hotel again. The breakfast is also good in the lobby. Great made to order waffles, pancakes and eggs plus all the other goodies. Great staff as well always welcoming you.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on September 8th as HGI is usually a great place and I had stayed here a year or so ago. When I check in, they told me they were under renovation because they had flooded during the hurricane the previous week. You would think that put them on notice. It did not. They should have/could have had someone monitoring the stream and evacuated the hotel the minute it started over the bank.

At 6:30 when I tried to come down the stairs to breakfast, was greated by 3' of water in the first floor. Everyone was trapped on the upper floors until about 11 AM when the waters receeded enough to walk out. A few people got early morning calls to evacuate, but do you think that's what the fire alarm is for? We were extremely lucky that no fire or other emergency developed while trapped on the upper floors of the hotel.

I've called Hilton Corporate and e-mailed the property twice, but so far no response for my request to be reimbursed for lost property. This shows how much they care.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Ralph W
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed at this location while in town for a wedding. The hotel was very easy to locate and not too far from downtown Philadelphia. All the staff that we encountered were very welcoming and made our stay enjoyable. The hotel is having its first floors renovated at this time but it did not cause us any issues during our stay. We also enjoyed the option of room service rather than having to go out to dinner.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel is close to the freeway and easy to find. I was slightly disappointed that neither the pool nor the fitness suite were open during my stay and think that should have been shown on website but it didn't impact on my enjoying my stay there.
The room was on the fifth floor overlooking the parking lot but that was no problem. It was clean and spacious and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom well appointed. The only problem was the number of used food trays in the corridor which should have been cleared away.
I used the restaurant once and the burger was OK but nothing special. I would recommend Zakes a short drive from the hotel which sells really good food

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Teen21
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stay at this hotel often and I'm appalled by some of these comments. Do you not see the news or read a paper? The was a storm and flood that badly hit most of the northeast, not just Fort Washington. This flood was one of many in the region. The staff, as always, was excellent, and did everything they could. They didn't cause the flooding. So, just stop with the DRAMA and get over yourselves. You sound like a bunch of babies.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank E M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Washington
Best Western Fort Washington Inn
#3 of 3 in Fort Washington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Chestnut Hill
Chestnut Hill Hotel
Chestnut Hill Hotel
#19 of 87 in Philadelphia
Courtyard Philadelphia Plymouth ...
#4 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington? Share your experiences!