“Good Taste, never sits well...”
Review of Palace of Asia

Palace of Asia
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Palace of Asa is gourmet authentic Indian cuisine restaurant. All the dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients and spices ground in house for the best flavours. We use the methods of cooking used in majority of the homes in India to keep the flavours and tastes as authentic as possible. Our food is rated as the best in America and surpasses any experience or tastes with in India.
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The food on the buffet tastes great but always leaves me feeling ill. Today was the last straw, I may not be back!

1  Thank Slapyak

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great food, love the lunch buffet! My co-workers and i are going there this week for lunch.

1  Thank iluvsoca
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We go once or twice a month and its always a great meal.

1  Thank Xinfinite
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have visited Palace of Asia more than two dozen times over about a dozen years, most recently this evening. As usual, dinner was excellent!

Family favorites include Chicken Tikka Masala (very flavorful), Chicken Korma, and vegetable samosas. Just about everything we've had on the menu has been particularly good (one exception is chicken vinadaloo, which I've had twice, each time, not to my liking, but that may just be my taste).

For a hearty dinner, I'd recommend the "tandoori mixed grill," which is a combination of several meat entrees. My wife is fond of most of their vegetarian entrees (she's a vegetable fan), and even I like most of them (I'm not).

As far as spiciness goes, ask for "mild" if you've got a delicate palate. "Medium" spiciness tends to be pretty flavorful, but not sweat-inducing (and, I think, is standard for most dishes). "Spicy" and "very spicy" are options, the latter a little too much for me, and I've got a pretty strong tolerance.

The naan (tandoor-cooked bread) is very good and a must for dishes with sauces (I can't bear to let some of the sauces go back to the kitchen). I don't care for most of the filled and topped naans, though.

Bar drinks are well made, and the lassis (mango and strawberry yogurt drinks) are very good.

Desserts are plain, but good.

Prices are reasonable ($12-$16 for most entrees). This isn't one of those Indian restaurants where you get a huge bucket of food for a little bit of money. The quality of the dishes is what makes them worth what you pay.

(There is a small selection of "American" foods in case you have a timid dinner companion. Most I've seen or had my kids order were all right, but not terrific. That's not why you're going here, though.)

My wife and mother-in-law attended the all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, and loved it. I'm looking forward to trying it.

The decor is... nice, but a bit odd. First, of all, the restaurant is in a hotel/motel (Best Western?) in between some office buildings and near a small convention center. The walls are painted with interesting scenes and faux finishes. It's 90% charming and 10% tacky - I like it.

There's a nice 'party' facility at which I've seen numerous events, typically held by South Asian-centered groups it seems. I wish I could get inviited to one - they always seem like they're having so much fun. It's a nice facility, anyway, and if the food is anything like what they serve in the restaurant, then it would be a nice party.

I plan to continue visiting for as long as they'll have me. I've found the waitstaff pleasant and helpful every time, although occasionally over-stretched (esp. on Fri and Sat nights). I tend to go during the week, when it's less busy.

1  Thank kristyne867
Reviewed February 22, 2012

If you want upscale Indian food in a setting with cloth tableclothes and napkins this is the place to go. You get atmosphere as well as a beautifully served and good food. You get what you pay for.
Every dish is good and the chef will alter the spicy level if you ask. It is a lovely dining experience.

1  Thank TheotherWendy