“Lunch salads and dressings are tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zakes Cakes & Cafe

Zakes Cakes & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
United States
“Lunch salads and dressings are tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Each time I go there for lunch, I get a salad with one of their homemade dressings. Very fresh and tasty.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank resortspert

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Poorly lit and dangerous Parking Lot”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My trip to Zake's Cakes was met with near disaster when my husband fell on the :step: of the parking lot
It was dark and this raise in the walking area was totally unnoticeable
As my husband was sprawling to the ground I was horrified.

Some very nice people helped us and restored my husband back to his feet
BEWARE of the unsafe parking lot!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dolores C
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Zakes for dinner. The food as excellent. Lobster mac and cheese and beet salad were close to perfect. Salmon and Chicken entrees were beautifully plated and delicious. The service was just right. BYOB and very small restaurant. Reservations a good idea.

2 Thank Allison407
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Zake's Cakes has very good food.

However, the noise level on a Saturday night was too much. Next time I go I will make sure it is on an alternate night. Tables are squashed together and you feel that you are sitting on top of the other table. I guess they ran out of forks and small plates as we had to stare at our appetizers for awhile before they arrived. Enter and appetizer salads were very good.

1 Thank Dolores C
philadelphia
“Be Wary of the Parking Lot: You might break some ribs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant to meet friends for dinner and since it was packed
had to use the "lower 40" parking area furthest from the restaurant. It was very dark and this was our first time at this place, and I was shocked to find myself hurtling and sprawling on concrete when a moment before I had been walking on dirt. On further examination I noted there was at least a one and one half to two inch rise from the dirt parking lot to the paved one, impossible to see in the dark. I sustained, as the lawyers say, multiple contusions of the right and left hands and right foot and spent the night in pain wondering if I had broken finger bones and cracked ribs.
So far I have not gone to have x rays taken but can't rule this out.
I pointed this out to the manager who was very nice, but still, this should not have happened.
It would take very little to fix this and will result in more accidents, some perhaps more serious.
The dinner was, as far as I'm concerned, beside the point.

1 Thank cjg1950