“Filthy”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fort Washington
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“Filthy”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family of four (children 4 and 9) stayed at the Best Western in Fort Washington, PA on July 19 - 22.
(1) Positives: People were nice. They always had a smile and were friendly at check in/out. Renovating the lobby area, I will assume it is going to look much better when done. The layout of the room was perfect to live out of two open suitcase/bags for several days.

(2) Negatives: The room was filthy to a point of unclean ability. My daughter took off her shoes and was walking around the room with bare feet. When she went to bed the bottoms of her feet were black. She went nowhere else that day just in the car for 9 hours. I wore white socks and they were horrible. Vacuuming will not get that carpet clean. The shower felt icky. The bottom had left over adhesive from when a mat was in the shower. Very gross.

IMPORTANT - Possible mold. The first night I felt funny in my chest and throat. Thought it might be just me from traveling. My husband said the same thing a couple nights later. My youngest (4 yrs.) got sick the last day with fever and no symptoms. The AC did not work well. When we left the room I turned the temp. to the low setting and the moisture would never leave the room. It was always humid and sticky, but cool.

The walls are very thin, but we were sandwiched in between other family members and once they went to sleep it was not a problem. Only one Elevator and it was extremely slow. There was always a foul smell in the hall from the restaurant I found horrible. Breakfast was all right. They kept the area picked-up but not many healthy options.

Room Tip: I would not stay in this hotel again.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy T
RaviFt_Washington, General Manager at Best Western Fort Washington Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Kathy,

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again .

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 215-542-7930 X 277.

Ravi Verma, CHA
BEST WESTERN Fort Washington Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The rooms (2 double beds) was spacious and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. There was an outdoor pool with loungers around it for parents to watch the kids.
The breakfast was a little disappointing...same things offered every day and not the freshest breads/fruit, but I didn't starve.
Not overly close to downtown Philly (about 40 min), but definitely worth the money paid!!

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Best Western Fort Washington Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 215-542-7930.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Ravi Verma
Northern California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Don't know dates of all the other reviews, but as of our stay in June 2012, service was excellent, breakfast was excellent (for self-serve), there were kids enjoying the pool, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds we've had in any hotel, not just any Best Western. Unless the Holiday Inn two blocks away offered a significantly lower rate, we'd stay at this Best Western again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: Right off an interstate, so ask for either a very low-floor room [below the interstate sound wall...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Fort Washington Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Ravi Verma
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Toilet did not flush
Never stay in Indian cheap hotel ever
Customer service the worst
House keeper try to fix toilet
They will not pay for a plumber
No swimming pool as advertise
They did not want to move me to a different room

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Abushareef

Travelers are raving about these Fort Washington hotels

south windsor
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I just stayed one night in April 2012. The room just decent. Breakfast is OK. I would not stay more than 3 nights.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank uan s
Bronxville, NY
Reviewed April 15, 2012

When you hear the name Best Western, you typically think of their luxury beds that they provide to the guests. This one, was the worst bed I have ever slept on in my life. It was flat, springy and stiff. Pillows sucked even more.

Their shower/tubs do not drain well. By the time I was done with my shower, it turned into an ankle bath.

Even worse, I felt like during my sleep that I was getting itchy feet, and I worried that I was getting bit by bedbugs or something. Good enough in the morning had a welt on my arm that wasn't on it the day before.

Only positive I can give of this hotel, is making your own waffles was excellent with their complimentary breakfast. But this breakfast isn't going to make me want to deal with another stay on their incredibly UNCOMFORTABLE bed.

To call this hotel a Best Western, shame on you.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank FastMazz
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2011

i stayed in a king size room and the bed rail split my leg open there was only a foot and a half between the bed and the wall to squeeze through

Room Tip: check the room first my room had hair everywhere
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank daddyrich45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Washington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Washington - Philadelphia
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.

Been to Best Western Fort Washington Inn? Share your experiences!