“Not a bad place”

Milky Way Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have eaten here several times while staying at Cowans Gap State Park. The place comes highly recommend by other campers. Frankly I do not see the attraction. I did not think the fast food was that tasty and the price was fairly high for what you get. The service was good and the people were friendly. I was just not impressed.

2  Thank Gary K

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was more casual than we expected, but once you realize that it's a family diner/ice cream stand, it's very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was good. They had three different kinds of birch beer for sale, including one on tap, so bonus points for that.

1  Thank PhotoBiker
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure how this place stays in business - I guess it's because it's the only game in town.
Ice cream is average, sandwiches are basic...although I would recommend the hot ham or sausage egg & cheese for breakfast. Many like their donuts.
The atmosphere badly needs updated, but the people could not be nicer!!! Friendly folks here!
The owners certainly make a lot of money here, especially during the summer months, so they're doing something right in satisfying the locals.
Free coffee on Wednesdays too!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to get a milk shake when I'm on the road. You'll see a lot of families, hunters, and construction workers stopping in for a bite to eat.

2  Thank Lori H
Reviewed December 22, 2012

this resturant is great. If you love hoagies and milk shakes you will love this place. The food is wonderful, the ice cream treats are terrific and the waitress are nice. The place is clean and is wonderful to take your family there . They have really good soft serve icecream and large choice of favorites. It reminds me of a 50's type resturant. Comfy, good food, and just a pleasant place to stop.

2  Thank EvieandFrankie

Been to Milky Way Restaurant? Share your experiences!